A newbie who is a little confused.

Got an idea for a project? Found a cool project you want to share? Post it here!
Thechea

A newbie who is a little confused.

Post by Thechea » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:08 pm

Hi guys,

I found Wermy's youtube video about building a Gameboy Zero and I'm interested in trying myself. I've found his parts list here: http://www.sudomod.com/game-boy-zero-cu ... de-part-1/

My only question is where do I buy Helder's parts? Mostly the AIO board. Is it the kind of thing where he offers them in batches and you have to catch when he's offering? I apologize if this is not the right location for this thread. Like I said, I'm super new and just kind of wondering how to source all the parts.

Thanks so much!

P.S. - I'm also already aware of the dude on here who is trying to sell a clone part. He ain't foolin' me.

ICMF

Re: A newbie who is a little confused.

Post by ICMF » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:22 pm

Thechea wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:08 pm
Is it the kind of thing where he offers them in batches and you have to catch when he's offering?
Yes. And he's currently focusing on the Minty Pi ( http://www.sudomod.com/mintypi-custom-parts-guide/ ) at the moment, so it will probably be a while before his board is available again.

You don't *need* Helder's board; there are other ways to build the device (do a bit of digging on the forum and you'll see that every build is unique), but if you want to incorporate his AIO, I'd suggest hanging around the Buy/Sell/Trade section of the forum, as people do sell their extra boards occasionally.

Thechea

Re: A newbie who is a little confused.

Post by Thechea » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:26 pm

Awesome, thanks so much for the advice! I really appreciate it!