LtB something that doesn't exist yet (I think??)

Got an idea for a project? Found a cool project you want to share? Post it here!
jeranon

LtB something that doesn't exist yet (I think??)

Post by jeranon » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:25 pm

Concept: To possess a USB controller (xbox, switch, PS, Steam, etc...) connected to a console that I can display my button-presses on a video-stream live.
To my knowledge, it is not possible to have one device connected to two USB inputs (using a splitter).
Devices like LINK this look very expensive, and super sketchy... Not sure if live-functionality is even an option...

Does there exist, or is someone willing to design, a controller with two circuits running side-by-side? The first circuit would be the one everyone expects, you plug it into your console, and use it to control your game. The second circuit would be one that could interface with software like NintendoSpy or something similar that a person could use to record/stream their inputs. It would be a separate USB or bluetooth connection that a person could connect to their PC at the same time.

Is this something that is doable (or does it already exist??), and if so, who can I buy one from?

Currently my modding skills or absolutely zero, and I'm not even sure if I'm asking the right questions or making sense.
Thank you for your time, and feedback!

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: LtB something that doesn't exist yet (I think??)

Post by Helder » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:26 am

jeranon wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:25 pm
Concept: To possess a USB controller (xbox, switch, PS, Steam, etc...) connected to a console that I can display my button-presses on a video-stream live.
To my knowledge, it is not possible to have one device connected to two USB inputs (using a splitter).
Devices like LINK this look very expensive, and super sketchy... Not sure if live-functionality is even an option...

Does there exist, or is someone willing to design, a controller with two circuits running side-by-side? The first circuit would be the one everyone expects, you plug it into your console, and use it to control your game. The second circuit would be one that could interface with software like NintendoSpy or something similar that a person could use to record/stream their inputs. It would be a separate USB or bluetooth connection that a person could connect to their PC at the same time.

Is this something that is doable (or does it already exist??), and if so, who can I buy one from?

Currently my modding skills or absolutely zero, and I'm not even sure if I'm asking the right questions or making sense.
Thank you for your time, and feedback!
The problem you will have with this is that in order to plug a usb controller emulator into a console like say XBOX or PS4 or even the Switch will require reverse engineering of their controller protocols which is super hard to do and is not public knowledge.

Now maybe a pass through device where it can read inputs (this is easier to do) and pass them to something else might be what you need and allow the controller to function normally, but this will require software on a PC to output the inputs into whatever it is you want.

Also this is the wrong section for this. Moving it.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.