New retropie upgrade requires passwords for EVERYTHING

Post tips/tricks or get help with configuring RetroPie
Metallicis

New retropie upgrade requires passwords for EVERYTHING

Post by Metallicis » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:44 am

I know how to log in, my issue is I don't WANT to log in every single time. I'm not going to carry a keyboard around with me if I want to play my gbz. My problem is I can't get the usb hub to work with both my keyboard and my wifi dongle at the same time, I keep editing the cmdline file but I can only make it so one or the other works. Retropie keeps prompting me for a login and password to configure my wifi, and I can't do that because in order to have my wifi plugged in I have to edit the file which requires a whole shutdown process... its a huge pain so I'm looking for one or both answers to the following:

1. (ideal) Has anyone found a cmdline configuration for Helder's AIO board that works for both keyboard AND usb accessories?

2. How do you COMPLETELY disable requirement for login and password in the newest version of retropie?

144TECH

Re: New retropie upgrade requires passwords for EVERYTHING

Post by 144TECH » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:47 am

Did you mean retropie 4.1 ? i don't have that with 4.1, but you could just use a older version. and yes dragging a keyboard with the gbz makes it obsolete haha, i know i know, even if it's a mini keyboard still...
* Very Rare * GBZ 640x480 v3 Stock Looks 6000MAH
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4863

144TECH

Re: New retropie upgrade requires passwords for EVERYTHING

Post by 144TECH » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:08 pm

Try a very old keyboard.. (usb 1.1, or a friggin ps2 with usb adapter lol it should work) remember if you have edited cmd/cfg you limit the usb current to 1 instead of 2.0

greets
* Very Rare * GBZ 640x480 v3 Stock Looks 6000MAH
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4863