Teensy-LC programming help

Arduino/Teensy software/code questions and discussion
coldfire

Teensy-LC programming help

Post by coldfire » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:04 am

hoping someone can help.

i've got arduino IDE 1.6.9 installed and the latest teensy software running on windows 7

i have plugged my teensy-lc into USB and it starts flashing.
open arduino IDE and select my board and usb type and open wermy's program and select verify, the teensy programmer opens and says to push button so i push the button and led goes out but the programmer doesn't seem to do anything.
i then click compile and arduino IDE displays done uploading and in the box and says " teensy did not respond to a USB-based request to automatically reboot. please press the program button on your teensy to upload your sketch. " so i push the button and nothing seems to happen.

any help would be appreciated, this is my first time attempting anything like this so i may be doing something wrong

Camble

Re: Teensy-LC programming help

Post by Camble » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:49 am

All you're doing by pushing the button is putting the Teensy into bootloader mode.

See here.

coldfire

Post by coldfire » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:33 am

i know pushing the button puts it into boot loader but the arduino IDE software is telling me to push the button to put it into programming mode and the teensy loader is also telling me i need to push this button

coldfire

Post by coldfire » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:57 pm

problem solved :oops: :oops: no data wire in cable

jakers10

Post by jakers10 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:04 pm

How did you determine there was no data wire in the usb cable? I'm having the same issue programming the Teensy and I'm trying to figure out why.

AcroGod

Post by AcroGod » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:19 pm

I had the same issue (no data usb cable) when I tried the first time. The way I finally discovered the problem was when I tried using a different usb cable. I noticed that the one I was trying at first was quite a bit thinner than the one that actually worked. The first one was only used as a charging cable.