[PREORDER] Game Boy Cart Micro SD Card Boards

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
uke

Re: [PREORDER] Game Boy Cart Micro SD Card Boards

Post by uke » Tue May 17, 2016 9:56 pm

Eagerly waiting for photos and international shipping estimate!

Thanks!

prerunnerseth

Post by prerunnerseth » Wed May 18, 2016 5:41 am

uke wrote:Eagerly waiting for photos and international shipping estimate!

Thanks!
They are in manufacturing now. Ill keep you guys posted. Communication with the Manufacturer is slow. They are in China and responded to one email a day. We have everything sorted now and manufacturing has begun.

AlexKidd2

Post by AlexKidd2 » Thu May 19, 2016 8:31 am

Order placed.

LoafSlice

Post by LoafSlice » Fri May 20, 2016 9:42 pm

Just ordered!

callumsmith1989

Post by callumsmith1989 » Sat May 21, 2016 5:11 am

Hi

These look great. I live in Perth, Western Australia and am wondering what the shipping costs would be?

Regards,
Callum

callumsmith1989

Post by callumsmith1989 » Sat May 21, 2016 6:30 am

Hi

This looks great. Do you know what the shipping costs would be to Perth, Western Australia?

Regards,
Callum

prerunnerseth

Post by prerunnerseth » Sat May 21, 2016 6:30 am

OK folks,

Just an update. This is the first time I have ordered the Hard gold plating for gold fingers. There have been some issues with manufacturing. This morning I received an email from the manufacturer. They had an issue with the way my ground fingers were done. Basically I made all the extra pins not used by the SD card to be ground. In my software this made all those pins one solid piece with solder mask between them to make them fingers again. The manufacturer doesnt want any solder mask on that edge surface. This means i had to separate all those pins and connect them each with their own trace to the ground plane. I have sent new manufacturing files to them. Hopefully they use my new files instead of just fixing it themselves, because I was able to add some solder pads for 10 of the extra pins to allow you to use them for other purposes, like maybe an activity LED. There are still plenty of ground connections.

Also, I wanted to thank all of you for your support and patience. You will be rewarded, because I am losing money on these. I will not be making any more. Once 20 are sold there will be no more. The Hard gold plating for the fingers makes the manufacturing too expensive. Anyone who is selling boards with this kind of fingers on them for much lower prices are either ordering massive quantities to make them cheaper or they are not using hard gold plating. As previously mentioned in this post, these fingers make repeated mechanical contact with the connector on the game boy. this mechanical stress means that you must have hard gold otherwise the contacts will wear down with very few insertions.

I hope to have these boards in by the end of the week.

Thanks,

PRS

SidSilver

Post by SidSilver » Mon May 23, 2016 7:41 am

Ordered ;)

129jbc

Post by 129jbc » Mon May 23, 2016 8:27 am

prerunnerseth wrote:OK folks,

Just an update. This is the first time I have ordered the Hard gold plating for gold fingers. There have been some issues with manufacturing. This morning I received an email from the manufacturer. They had an issue with the way my ground fingers were done. Basically I made all the extra pins not used by the SD card to be ground. In my software this made all those pins one solid piece with solder mask between them to make them fingers again. The manufacturer doesnt want any solder mask on that edge surface. This means i had to separate all those pins and connect them each with their own trace to the ground plane. I have sent new manufacturing files to them. Hopefully they use my new files instead of just fixing it themselves, because I was able to add some solder pads for 10 of the extra pins to allow you to use them for other purposes, like maybe an activity LED. There are still plenty of ground connections.

Also, I wanted to thank all of you for your support and patience. You will be rewarded, because I am losing money on these. I will not be making any more. Once 20 are sold there will be no more. The Hard gold plating for the fingers makes the manufacturing too expensive. Anyone who is selling boards with this kind of fingers on them for much lower prices are either ordering massive quantities to make them cheaper or they are not using hard gold plating. As previously mentioned in this post, these fingers make repeated mechanical contact with the connector on the game boy. this mechanical stress means that you must have hard gold otherwise the contacts will wear down with very few insertions.

I hope to have these boards in by the end of the week.

Thanks,

PRS

Thanks for the work! ;)

LoafSlice

Post by LoafSlice » Mon May 23, 2016 7:40 pm

I ordered a PCB cartridge board

12blues@gmail.com

:)
For list updating stuff