[Pre-Order] Kite's SUPER AIO - CLOSED

Buy, sell or trade things with other forum members
Brag0n

Re: [Pre-Order] Kite's SUPER AIO - OPEN

Post by Brag0n » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:50 pm

This sounds awesome Kite!
I do however got a question!
I would love to get the soldering help, but buying a pi zero from abroad, getting it shipped to me and then back to you seems like a hassle. Is there any possibility we can arrange a solution as to where it gets sent you you directly or that you can add a pi zero in a "order package" ?

MarkF

Post by MarkF » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:13 pm

Yey, finally 2 browsers later and all good, ordered with thanks

sirfragalot

Post by sirfragalot » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:16 pm

Boom! Ordered. Something tells me its going to feel like a long wait!

Awesome work Kite, hope it works out to be well worth the blood, sweat and tears for you!

gargoyle67

Post by gargoyle67 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:26 pm

Nice work ordered 1 plus the extension kit :) , How does the shipping refund work ? Do you go through the paypal payments manually then issue the refund if destination is uk ? Would it be easier/quicker to pm you so you can match it in paypal rather then wade through all the payments ?

KMetal

Post by KMetal » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:33 pm

Ordered wow! I've just registered and i've just find an all in one card that make GBZ possibile with minimal work!!!!
Gameboy Zero - Super AIO by Kite (Pi0 inside)
Retropie 4.2

hesh.monster

Post by hesh.monster » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:41 pm

Ordered! :D

Muon

Post by Muon » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:47 pm

It looks amazing, so excited! :) Just as I was finally gearing up to start work on my build too. Now I'm gonna have to make two! :) I'm torn on what to attempt, but I ordered the pi3 extension just incase. Is the pi3 build really that difficult? Soto's thread showed it fully disassembled. He did say he was pretty experienced with soldering/desoldering mind you.
Last edited by Muon on Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kite

Post by kite » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:55 pm

AJRedfern wrote:Just a quick one, your documentation of what is included mentions L1/L2/R1/R2 Buttons and a Joystick however these aren't pictured with what is included. Am I to assume that these are still included however they weren't photographed?
The L1/L2/R1/R2 buttons and joystick itself aren't included, however there is a cable with connector included (as those things just need to plug a cable in, no soldering to the board itself).. there are LOADS of buttons and at least 4x different joysticks that are suitable, eBay and Aliexpress you should be able to find a very wide variety for very cheap :) I suggest to research what others have done in terms of button placement (I don't think my first one was the best, but really helped me out test that it all worked though!).
gargoyle67 wrote:Nice work ordered 1 plus the extension kit :) , How does the shipping refund work ? Do you go through the paypal payments manually then issue the refund if destination is uk ? Would it be easier/quicker to pm you so you can match it in paypal rather then wade through all the payments ?
PayPal is a MASSIVE pain and only allows me a single postage price (technically the price varies depending on how much you add to cart, which if a lot I will make sure the insurance covers it).. what I plan to do is every other day or so I will go through the transactions and refund all those with a UK address.. don't worry about a PM, I have all the receipts :) You will ALL get an individual email from me, and I'll include information if you need to send me anything (e.g. Pi Zero for solder service). As you may have guessed there has been a flood of orders, so I will go through them tomorrow and you will get a postage refund :)
Brag0n wrote:This sounds awesome Kite!
I do however got a question!
I would love to get the soldering help, but buying a pi zero from abroad, getting it shipped to me and then back to you seems like a hassle. Is there any possibility we can arrange a solution as to where it gets sent you you directly or that you can add a pi zero in a "order package" ?
Yes this is a possibility :) like my comment above this question, you'll get an email from me including a shipping address.. whether you send it from your home or from a Pi store I don't mind, however I will ask that when you have shipped (or bought) the Pi that you send me and email on when I can expect it, I will then confirm receipt when it arrives.. If you buy it from a store you will ideally need to put a REFERENCE number/name so that I know it is yours! Or the tracking number the store sends you :P I hope that makes sense!

RE: Pi3, yes I'll put it in a guide, I have one ready to be dissected for this purpose :) I only mention it being hard because if you don't have experience it may well be, and you won't be dissapointed with Pi Zero (unless you HAVE to have N64 and full PSX).

solder

Post by solder » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:05 pm

Hero! Thanks for the dedication :3

paeblits

Post by paeblits » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:07 pm

I don't see any conductive button pads. How are the buttons added in this build?