For issues with your PCB, please include your E-mail address in your PM. I cannot use your PayPal transaction ID to look up your details.
You can also contact me on Discord
Update 28th Feb 2017: The order process has been started! I'll update as the boards are being assembled. Anyone can still place an order for now.
Update 18th Mar 2017: I received an Email this morning to say that the boards have been assembled and are ready for shipping. I should have them very soon!
Update 4th April 2017: All pre-orders have now been sent out. The remaining boards are available to buy.
Update 9th April 2017: Following some feedback from the community, I've decided to reduce the price slightly. The cost of assembly still higher, but the price is now a bit closer to the PowerBoost version.
- Works with BangGood / GearBest or any generic power supply module
- Works with software to issue a shutdown command to the Pi
- Keeps system powered until Pi shuts down
- Works with original DMG-01 switch
- Optional DPDT switch (included)
- Low battery sensing (alerts at 3.3v)
- Protective diode for your keep-alive pin (prevents GPIO22 from being pulled to 5v)
- 2oz copper rated for 1A (tested up to 1.5A @ 5.1v)
- Screw hole!
Header pads are shape-coded:
- Square Power Output Headers (Vout/Gnd)
- Octagonal Power Supply Headers (Vin/Gnd/B+)
- Circular Raspberry Pi Headers (3.3v/Shut-off/Keep-on/Low Battery GPIO)
- Safe Shutdown PCB v1.0.
- DPDT Switch.
- Raspberry Pi.
- BangGood / GearBest or any generic power supply module
- Power Monitor script.
- Octagonal Vin is the positive voltage connection on the BangGood supply.
- Octagonal Gnd is the negative voltage connection on the BangGood supply.
- Octagonal B+ is the positive battery connection on the BangGood supply.
- Square Vout is the positive connection for supplying your components with power.
- Square Gnd is the negative connection for supplying your components with power.
- Circular 3.3v is the 3.3v pin (physical pin 1 or 17)
- Circular On is the keep-alive pin, usually BCM/GPIO22 (physical pin 15)
- Circular Off is the shutdown pin, usually BCM/GPIO27 (physical pin 13)
- Circular Low is the low battery pin, usually BCM/GPIO17 (physical pin 11)
- The power output headers can be connected to a power distribution strip instead of directly to the Pi.
- Low battery sensing voltage can be altered by replacing R1 and R2 with different value resistors.
- If you do not wish to use the low battery sensing, you must bridge B+ with PP1 or amend the power monitor script.
- After low battery shutdown, the power switch must be placed in the OFF position to prevent further battery drain.
- You may need a tiny blob of hot glue to prevent the PCB from rotating around the screw hole.
- The final product will be green, to match the colour of the BangGood supply.
Please remember to install the Power Monitor script, otherwise the Pi will not shut down.
Also add the following line to /boot/config.txt, or the PowerBoost will not stay on while the Pi shuts down.
Code: Select all
Here's some nice pictures of the fully assembled product. (click for higher resolution)
I also have a limited quantity of the following heatsinks. Help keep your temperatures down passively.
Click the images below to add to your order! They come with thermal tape to fix them on.
This spiky heatsink fits the Raspberry Pi CPU.