mintyPi Screen

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
VeteranGamer

Re: mintyPi Screen

Post by VeteranGamer » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:39 pm

Holydohnut wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:34 pm
You want an ili9341, but without the touch. 2.4's can be tricky to come by, but they are out there. 2.2's are much easier to find and wermy has made a set of stl files for that one. As long as it's an ili9341, it'll work with wermy's retropie image.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOP-2-4-240x320 ... Sw8w1X~4Sr

Holydohnut

Post by Holydohnut » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:41 pm

Good spot Veteran! :-D

21weberer

Post by 21weberer » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:49 pm

Thanks guys! this info is really helpful.
Retro tech such as old os's, information, old games and more is on this website: www.winworldpc.com

ICMF

Post by ICMF » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:23 am

Question about alternative screens...

Are any of the larger screens directly compatible with the existing MintyPi boards? If I get a 2.8", 3.2" or 3.5" ILI9340 TFT, could I plug it directly into Helder's board and have it work? Or do the ribbon connectors have different pin size/pitch?

(and before Helder kills me for asking the question :) I've found an alternative tin that may work as a sort of 'Minty Pi SP' :D)

21weberer

Post by 21weberer » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:47 pm

does anybody know where to get the lcd to ribbon adapter board? i could use some info. thanks
Retro tech such as old os's, information, old games and more is on this website: www.winworldpc.com

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:48 pm

21weberer wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:47 pm
does anybody know where to get the lcd to ribbon adapter board? i could use some info. thanks
Dude stop already, I already told you this over an email and a PM and yet you still ask on the forums. If you want a similar board look at moosepr's posts he has some SPI LCD boards but not sure it will fit with the 3D parts.

In case people are wondering he has everything except the LCD board, where he got the controller PCB is beyond me as he hasn't explained that to me and as I have explained to him I don't have many kits left over and I can't sell individual parts since it will make the kits useless.

ICMF wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:23 am
Question about alternative screens...

Are any of the larger screens directly compatible with the existing MintyPi boards? If I get a 2.8", 3.2" or 3.5" ILI9340 TFT, could I plug it directly into Helder's board and have it work? Or do the ribbon connectors have different pin size/pitch?

(and before Helder kills me for asking the question :) I've found an alternative tin that may work as a sort of 'Minty Pi SP' :D)
The board works with any ILI9341 screen with 13-18 pin ribbons.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

21weberer

Post by 21weberer » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:35 pm

Okay, again, sorry Helder, phrased the question wrong. But I have a new question. I have been searching and cannot find any diagrams explaning how to wire the screen (using the screen that comes with the button pcb) to the pcb board. Sorry if I missed a post, but could I get a diagram showing how to wire it from the ribbon to the pcb? Any info would help. Thanks.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:15 pm

It's as easy as looking at the test pads labeled on the Controller PCBand LCD PCB and joining them with a wire. See that VCC? you wire it to the VCC on the LCD and Controller PCB (VCC under the 8pin connector not the one to the right), the RST pads? yup you connect those 2 together etc.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

21weberer

Post by 21weberer » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:11 am

I have been going crazy trying to find the datasheet for the screen posred above by veteran gamer. Please, i just need a datasheet.

ethan2goto

Post by ethan2goto » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:04 pm

how do I get the 2.2 wingoneer lcd (the 11pin one)?