New to mintypi

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
antonym

New to mintypi

Post by antonym » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:43 am

So I stumbled upon the mintypi today on YouTube and I was instantly fascinated, especially since I’ve had my raspberry pi for a while and I’ve just started experimenting with retropi and exagear.

However, I understand that there’s been a few different versions of the mintypi and I’d like to know the best way of going about making one myself, what parts I need, when custom parts will be available, etc.

In conclusion, plz help :D

Lphillimore

Re: New to mintypi

Post by Lphillimore » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:32 am

Long story short there is only one version available currently, V2.

Parts all still available on marketplace.

You'll need the PCB / LCD combo plus the 3D printed set (unless you have your own printer as files have been made public).

Check out the updated guide / video + wiki too see how it goes together and the extra peripherals you'll need 👍🏼

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:43 am

Follow me on instagram Image

antonym

Post by antonym » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:32 pm

Lphillimore wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:32 am
Long story short there is only one version available currently, V2.

Parts all still available on marketplace.

You'll need the PCB / LCD combo plus the 3D printed set (unless you have your own printer as files have been made public).

Check out the updated guide / video + wiki too see how it goes together and the extra peripherals you'll need 👍🏼
Thanks! This helped a lot!!!!! I'm gonna ask for all the parts to make it for christmas and hopefully it all works out :D

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:25 am

Yeah, buy the PCB/screen now, they're still available! Only other thing I can highly recommend is a good soldering tip that can fit within the pi zero's GPIO's, and a multi meter with the continuity option, those to things are pretty much essential and will make the build 100% easier.

Also, depending where you are it may take weeks to get the sound cards/tp4056 charger/tactile buttons. Hopefully you can get everything ready for Christmas!!