L & R buttons not working

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
jomteon

L & R buttons not working

Post by jomteon » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:20 pm

This is my second and third build. The first went fine, everything worked perfectly. On these two, however, everything is perfect except the l&r buttons.

I've tried a ton of troubleshooting, problem-solving, and diagnosis before bringing this here.

I have quintuple-checked my soldering in every which way. I know that's usually the issue here, so I was exceptionally thorough.

I also checked the button pads themselves. There's correct continuity to ground, and to the associated l/r solder points at all points along the device, from the contacts on the button.

I also manually checked if the button physically worked. I touched my multimeter probes to ground and l/r and pressed the button. Solid beep.

I initially noticed the problem while playing Metal Slug Advance on the GBA emulator. I then switched to Star Fox on the SNES, and have been using that to test ever since (loads relatively quickly, very easy to see if the button works).

Absolutely nothing happens in the game when I press the buttons (and yes I've done this outside of the Altoids tin, and made sure that the button was depressed all the way, and also tried other ways to close the connection).

I might be missing something completely obvious, but I'm utterly out of ideas.

Bush Master

Re: L & R buttons not working

Post by Bush Master » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:19 pm

I had this problem as well with the minty pi lite. I fixed it by going into the options menu where you see audio, Bluetooth, and wife. Then I went down to the part where it says update mintypi and I updated it. I hope this helps.

jomteon

Re: L & R buttons not working

Post by jomteon » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:30 pm

Holy crap, that worked! Thank you!!