Wiring Diagram: mintyPi controller PCB

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Domshen

Re: Wiring Diagram: mintyPi controller PCB

Post by Domshen » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:40 am

Helder wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:43 am
The GPIO pins start from right to left the way the Pi is positioned in the photo above, and yes the A is the bottom GPIO on the left.
So if I'm understanding this correctly the square pin in the bottom right labeled 1 on the pcb does not have continuity to anything on the pcb? I am trying to make sure that I check every pin as I go and I'm not finding anything that it connects to. Sorry for the dumb question.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:27 am

It connects to 3.3v but we don't use it for anything on this build.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Domshen

Post by Domshen » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:15 am

Awesome, then I won't worry about it. Thank you so much for the quick reply!!

GideonHaze

Post by GideonHaze » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:57 pm

Do I need another red wire coming from the BAT hole from the charger off I'm using the battery indicator pcb?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:34 pm

Battery to Lipo charger then from Lipo charger to one of the outside pins on the power switch then from the middle switch pin to the Bat+ on the battery monitor board. I don't get how you are confused on this, the board goes where your wires used to be but now you solder the 2 wires you removed to Bat+ and Bat- on the Battery Monitor Board.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Psyicman

Post by Psyicman » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:35 pm

Hey everyone. This is my first post. I'm building two MintyPi's for me and a friend and I would like to add the diodes in so it can charge and still be played. Can someone post a picture or circle where they go in the diagram please. It would really help me out.
My parents told me I can be anything when I grew up. I chose Ninja!

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:12 pm

I'll post something about it later when I'm home but many diodes have a 1v forward voltage drop so it will under power the pi. I'll see if I can find one with really low forward voltage.

sygyzy

Post by sygyzy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:56 pm

Hi, is the wiring diagram in the first post still accurate for the latest guide (Helder's new board/screen)?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:06 pm

Pretty much but you can use the audio pads underneath near the VCC and GND inputs and this way the speaker solders on top of the pcb and you don't have to wrap the speaker wires around the PCB like the old guide.

sygyzy

Post by sygyzy » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:04 pm

I updated the Fritzing diagram to reflect the new lipo charger and speaker connection points on Helder's new board. Can someone check if this is correct? Sorry, I don't know where to get the Fritzing part of the new PCB or how to edit the existing one to mark the Speaker +/- pads.
Attachments
mintypi-wiring-v2_bb.png
mintypi-wiring-v2_bb.png (227.09 KiB) Viewed 6932 times