White screen

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Mrbtrey

White screen on mintypi

Post by Mrbtrey » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:39 am

So I just finished wiring the pi to the pcb board. I tested to make sure I had a good connection on each solder point. I attached the screen and plugged it in but I only get a white screen. I reprogrammed a new copy of the mintypi program from the guide but still get just a white screen. Any recommendations?
Attachments
IMG_1230.JPG
IMG_1230.JPG (1.89 MiB) Viewed 7472 times

Lphillimore

Re: White screen on mintypi

Post by Lphillimore » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:49 am

There's already a whole thread on this.

http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3460

Re-align your screen ribbon cable and ensure you added at least 1 layer of masking (or equivalent) tape.

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:13 am

Mrbtrey wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:39 am
Any recommendations?
Yes, follow the instructions that Wermy created. You need to have the SD car installed with the Retro Pie image Wermy configured. You won't get an image without it because Retro Pie isn't configured to use that screen by default.

Mrbtrey

Post by Mrbtrey » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:27 am

Thanks guys and your right wermy is a hero!!! Great stuff!!!

Mrbtrey

Post by Mrbtrey » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:21 pm

Got it to work! Thanks again guys. Think I had a bad connection as well!!!

401Gaming

White Screen??

Post by 401Gaming » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:38 pm

sp i soldered my pi zero to the pcb and plugged in the screen to test. at first i got a white scree. then the black boot up screen for retropie popped up for a second. then went white again. now im only getting a white screen. what am i doing wrong?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: White Screen??

Post by Helder » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:24 pm

401Gaming wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:38 pm
sp i soldered my pi zero to the pcb and plugged in the screen to test. at first i got a white scree. then the black boot up screen for retropie popped up for a second. then went white again. now im only getting a white screen. what am i doing wrong?
Read through this thread and you will likely find a fix.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Orangebuster

Re: White screen

Post by Orangebuster » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:09 am

Hey guys, i just wanted to post an update to a problem I was having where half my screen was white and the other half was visible.after hours of re aligning my ribbon cable I wasn't able to get a clear image. I gave up and saw similar screens on eBay and bought them just in case my screen was defective. They arrived today, trimmed the cables and it worked right away, turns out something was just wrong with my original screen.

J-Malice

Post by J-Malice » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:36 pm

Okay, I had a white screen issue, after having a myriad of other issues (all user error). It is definitely caused by bad solder points on the gpio. I only messed with a few points in order to fix this. The pins I resoldered between white screen and non whiute screen were:
  • 5V
  • SCK
  • D/C
  • 3.3V
I can't personally say for sure which one did it. But these were the only things I messed with or changed. Hopefully this info helps out someone later.

KristKaT

Post by KristKaT » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:15 pm

I had two white screens, but everything else checked out with the hdmi cable on a monitor. Guessed either the screens were both? bad or there was something else. I’ve worked through these forums for two weeks or more now. Finally had a chance to get new sd cards and the new screens arrived. Once I got the new cards imaged and screens taped, one at least has worked tonight! My 10 year old, who has been hoping this could be done by now, is ecstatic. Thanks people!