I lifted the power pad off the sound card!

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: I lifted the power pad off the sound card!

Post by Helder » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:48 pm

I have a fully stripped pcb of that usb audio board and I can show all alternate locations but it's on my wife's phone since mine shit the bed at the time so give me a day or so and I'll have it up.

Edit: Here it is:
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

djbriane

Post by djbriane » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:10 am

So this is somewhat related but are there any tips for checking if the crystal or other components got damaged after de-soldering? I've got two seemingly dead sound cards that I can't see any visible issue with (none of the pads are ripped off or other bridged connections). The cards show up in the terminal if I run lsusb but I can't get any audio out no matter what I try.

EDIT: Turns out it was the speaker that was not working - swapped it out and now I've got sound!!

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:46 am

I actually bought a cheap rework station with a temperature controlled iron and hot air for $47 a while ago and finally got around to setting it up in my new apartment, and WOW did it make a difference for this part of the build.

This one.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... ID=EBAY-US

I was able to not only remove the earphone jack, crystal and USB with no problem, but for practice I stripped a (previously ruined) sound board CLEAN. Removed the IC and all the caps and resistors with hot air. Easy as... Pi! Everything fell off with a tap.

Strongly suggest the relatively minor investment which should pay for itself quickly in aspirin you won't have to buy. Removing components from a board is rework after all.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:43 pm

I've been telling people all over this forum to get decent equipment and the job is done no problem and that looks like a good kit too.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Beautjes

Post by Beautjes » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:26 am

Helder wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:48 pm
I have a fully stripped pcb of that usb audio board and I can show all alternate locations but it's on my wife's phone since mine shit the bed at the time so give me a day or so and I'll have it up.

Edit: Here it is:
You sir are a saint!