Select Button randomly loading save state

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
DoubleDamageXX

Select Button randomly loading save state

Post by DoubleDamageXX » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:19 pm

As far as i have figured out, initially loading a game the select button works fine. If i use the restore state (function plus save button by the screen) upon loading the game, pressing the select button sometimes will load state again without pressing anything else. Restoring state a couple more times will restore proper function to the select button. I have never had an instance where once the select button was working correctly had it switch to not, unless load state was used. Any ideas on this one? thanks everyone in advance.

Edit: i have re-installed retropie/mintypi software as well as updated to latest using "update minty pi" from the retropie menu and that hasnt helped.

and one last edit: Using (X + Select) to open the quick menu and loading from there alleviates the issue so this is likely what i will use going forward.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Select Button randomly loading save state

Post by Helder » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:38 pm

Yea the menu and button combo sometimes causes this, it's like the button is held in memory for a bit and has happened to me too on occasion. The Select+X menu is the way I generally use save states, primarily to load them as saving works fine.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

N64user9000

Re: Select Button randomly loading save state

Post by N64user9000 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:42 pm

Thanks!