Boot up screen

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Zmoneyrecords

Boot up screen

Post by Zmoneyrecords » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:51 pm

Hey, I remember reading somewhere for the new image and new version of mintypi that the boot up screen was taken off. Can someone guide me through turning it back on instead of it just going straight to the retropie logo. Or if someone could point me to the thread if there's one I think I remember someone mentioning it changing but I'm not sure. Thanks

Edit: I was also trying to load my custom splash screen but the mintypi logo keeps playing over it. Is there anyway to remove the mintypi start up or at least move it ahead or behind my splash screen?

sygyzy

Re: Boot up screen

Post by sygyzy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:17 pm

Sj.3d.designs

Post by Sj.3d.designs » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:07 pm

Why dont i see mintypi splash screen come up when connected to hdmi or is jus cause its not hooked up to 2.4 screen i have connected to hdmi to test everything out till pcb and screen arrive

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:14 pm

I think you need the usb sound card attached to see the minty pi splash screen

Sj.3d.designs

Post by Sj.3d.designs » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:25 am

Is ther ne way to bypass soundcard thats only part i dnt have yet but i do have speaker n a adafruit amplifier from my pocket pigrrl build

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:53 am

You need a DAC (Digital Analog Converter) that’s say an usb sound card to convert digital sound from the Pi to analog sound (understandable by the speaker)
Or you can go PWM (pulse width modulation) to bypass the sound card, but you need some electronics to DIY a filter.
Follow me on instagram Image

caste

Post by caste » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:34 am

Zmoneyrecords wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:51 pm
Hey, I remember reading somewhere for the new image and new version of mintypi that the boot up screen was taken off. Can someone guide me through turning it back on instead of it just going straight to the retropie logo. Or if someone could point me to the thread if there's one I think I remember someone mentioning it changing but I'm not sure. Thanks

Edit: I was also trying to load my custom splash screen but the mintypi logo keeps playing over it. Is there anyway to remove the mintypi start up or at least move it ahead or behind my splash screen?
Here's how to get rid of the boot up text, you can probably figure out how to reverse the steps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGf225Qb02I