L&R button switching

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
sevenBug

L&R button switching

Post by sevenBug » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:52 pm

Oi.
Just wanted to ask if there is a software solution for switching the L&R buttons. :roll:
Because i totaly not messed that up... :oops:

rodocop

Re: L&R button switching

Post by rodocop » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:00 am

You can just go to emulation station and re map the controls (press start, and find it in the menu there). Just to be clear, you wired L button to the R pads and vice versa?

You may need to edit the retrogame file in the boot directory as well as one other file for hoolyhoos combo script, since those read the GPIO's, that's not necessary though, since I believe the R button brings up the function shortcuts when pressed with function, and the L button does nothing, so in your situation the function menu will just be the L button + function.

sevenBug

Post by sevenBug » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:47 am

rodocop wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:00 am
You can just go to emulation station and re map the controls (press start, and find it in the menu there). Just to be clear, you wired L button to the R pads and vice versa?

You may need to edit the retrogame file in the boot directory as well as one other file for hoolyhoos combo script, since those read the GPIO's, that's not necessary though, since I believe the R button brings up the function shortcuts when pressed with function, and the L button does nothing, so in your situation the function menu will just be the L button + function.
That's the problem Function + R brings up the cheat sheet but the ingame L and R are inverted (also the quick sace funktion) even though the buttons are connected correctly.

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:07 am

If I recall correctly the in the newest minty pi image the save hotkeys may be swapped, so L for save and R for load. go into the retroarch.cfg file and change them if needed. or else just use L for save and R to load.

Are the L and R buttons actually inverted, or is it just the save states that make you think that?

Either way in the retroarch.cfg file you'll find some lines like this: Just swap the L and R inputs (the A and S) and save it and reboot.

Type sudo nano /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg to access this file

# Saves state.
input_save_state = A
# Loads state.
input_load_state = S

sevenBug

Post by sevenBug » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:05 am

rodocop wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:07 am
Are the L and R buttons actually inverted, or is it just the save states that make you think that?
Opening the cheat sheet is correct, but for example, while playing F-Zero pushing the R button makes the car move left. :cry:
And that's not normal for the game I played the game a pretty long time on an actual SNES. ;)

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:31 am

sevenBug wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:05 am
rodocop wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:07 am
Opening the cheat sheet is correct, but for example, while playing F-Zero pushing the R button makes the car move left. :cry:
And that's not normal for the game I played the game a pretty long time on an actual SNES. ;)
Within emulation station press start and go to configure controls. This then just map them again.

That should fix it. If not let me know.