Suggested mods to MintyPi image

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Kevin

Suggested mods to MintyPi image

Post by Kevin » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:51 am

I've been thinking of a wish list for the image file (which has been a lifesaver).

1) Bluetooth audio setup in the menu
2) Default wifi as an access point.
So we can SSH or SFTP from any machine, anywhere, with any device
3) Bluetooth keyboard setup in the menu
4) Diagnostics to test buttons, screen, audio

Maybe some of these features already exist and I'm not aware. If so, sorry.

wermy
Site Admin

Re: Suggested mods to MintyPi image

Post by wermy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:01 pm

Wifi being set up as an access point is an interesting idea. It would definitely make it easier to connect with any device - even your phone. I'll give it some thought. :)

As far as the bluetooth setup stuff, are you not able to just use the bluetooth pairing menu that's already in there?

Diagnostics for the screen and audio aren't really necessary in my opinion - there is a startup sound that will play if your sound card is wired correctly, and if the screen is working, you'll know. :) Testing for buttons could be helpful though.
ImageImageImageImage

moosepr

Post by moosepr » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:35 pm

I have thought about the WiFi access point thing for another project. I guess it depends if you can scan for networks while your are acting as a host
Get a small cheep LCD in your project https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2312
Wrap it all round a battery https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2292
Or use a custom PCB to make it really small https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2512
or make it really really really really tiny!! https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2919

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:40 pm

The buttons testing is done when you are soldering the Pi to the PCB so that should be done then, if you need more testing then best to get a better iron and solder since it sounds like the soldering is in question.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:56 pm

Helder wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:40 pm
The buttons testing is done when you are soldering the Pi to the PCB so that should be done then, if you need more testing then best to get a better iron and solder since it sounds like the soldering is in question.
I think he means responsiveness. Sometimes when you get the whole thing together a membrane shifts and doesn't respond properly..... I find myself launching a Zelda game to mash the buttons to see if each click responds properly.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:59 pm

The button alignment is usually the problem and not the membrane in this build since it has a proper holding area for the membrane. Since this is a 3D printed part and variances are very likely between printers some rework on the button area is recommended like Wermy has shown in the videos.

Maybe the OP can better explain the button testing?
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.