Program Hotkey for save/load states?

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
petran1420

Program Hotkey for save/load states?

Post by petran1420 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:56 am

Hi all,

I'm trying to customize my mintyPi config just a bit, and having some trouble. I know that if you want to save/load state you can hit select+X, then navigate to quick settings, then hit save state, but that seems a bit lengthy to me. I know the select+L or R, which is the default save state hotkeys, have been replaced with volume up or down (which I like), and select+left or right toggles through which save state is currently selected, but I'm trying to program select+up and select+down for a save and load state hotkey, respectively.

First, through Filezilla (i'm on a mac for this) I navigated to opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg on the mintyPi. Then, I altered the code to:

Code: Select all

# Saves state.
# input_save_state = “up”
# Loads state.
# input_load_state = “down”

# State slots. With slot set to 0, save state name is *.state (or whatever defined on commandline).
# When slot is != 0, path will be $path%d, where %d is slot number.
input_state_slot_increase = "right"
input_state_slot_decrease = "left"
The left and right for toggling was already there. But when I save and restart my mintyPi, pressing select+up or down doesn't save or load the state.

I noticed that a little bit further down the config file, the enable hotkey button was blank:

# Alternatively, all hotkeys for keyboard could be disabled by the user.
# input_enable_hotkey_btn =
But another slightly different looking command was added to the end of the file:

# Enable stdin/network command interface.
# network_cmd_enable = false
# network_cmd_port = 55355
# stdin_cmd_enable = false
input_enable_hotkey = "space"
auto_remaps_enable = "true"
This must be similar to # input_enable_hotkey_btn = , since the other hotkeys work. Has anyone else tried assigning hotkeys to save and load states here?