Battery lasting with some tweaks

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
YaYa

Battery lasting with some tweaks

Post by YaYa » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:26 pm

Hi fellow sudoers...

I have achieved testing the MintyPi with my tweaks originally posted here viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4258#p46032

I managed to activate everything except the switching off of the HDMI because fbcp is using the output from the HDMI to copy images to fb1 from fb0, so deactivation of the hardware interface simply kills the display, and you have a good old black screen :lol:

That said, i've been a bit further than my older post and also deactivated the NTP to save a bit more...

I've unfortunately lost the small piece of paper where i have written the battery lasting results in a "stock" image (as provided by Wermy/Helder/HoolyHoo) so i have no more accurate comparison :oops:

From what i remember, it was around 2 hours and half.

I've done so far one complete shot of gaming and had a decent 2 hours 52 minutes play time.

Would you please leave here a feedback and tell me what play time you have (please be as accurate as possible) with the stock image ?
You start from a completely charged battery and you stop the stopwatch when HoolyHoo's script automatically switches off the device after the 1 minute countdown !

For now, i had no troubles running things like i have tweaked them.
I still had 2 freezes but i had them before too, as many people here. Now that i understand the way things are going around in the MintyPi, i suspect either fbcp, either fbtft from crashing so the image is not refreshed anymore but the game is still ongoing (as the sound is still playing normally until you die :lol: )
I can conclude from that, that the system is still up and working (game playing, sound outputting, and you can clearly feel or hear the time you die in the game lol).

Ok, so please posts your results here so we can compare.

Next step is to create a script to activate them on demand or all in one shot so we can use that script either in a "a la Wermy" style build, either in a MintyPi, either in a "a la Kite" build :D

Thank you for your help
Follow me on instagram Image

YaYa

Re: Battery lasting with some tweaks

Post by YaYa » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:46 am

Bumping this post up ! I was expecting at least one or two replies lol
Come on guys :mrgreen:

Mario.Semiglia

Post by Mario.Semiglia » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:20 am

I will write you back when I get my parts on April :mrgreen: I am actually really interested in your post of the battery lasting.
By the way could you please take a look at my last post in GBZ support? its called Hotkey, plus and minos buttons. Thanks a lot

Drake Sirlit

Post by Drake Sirlit » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:52 am

I can test mine. Does it matter the game or system I play during the test?

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:20 am

Drake Sirlit wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:52 am
I can test mine. Does it matter the game or system I play during the test?
No it doesn't ! Thanks for testing this, i was sad because nobody replied to me lol.
The best way, fully charge the battery, put a chronometer, play any system any game till the battery is dead and automatically shuts off.
Write down the time.
Then apply all the settings and with a fully charged battery, play if possible the same way and note the difference.

Drake Sirlit

Post by Drake Sirlit » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:35 pm

Just wanted to let you know I havent forgotten about this. Been pretty busy this week. I hope to have some results to post here on Sunday.