[For Sale] Tactile ShoulderBracket

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
erik_gee

Re: [For Sale, International and Domestic] L and R button Bracket (Kite's SAIO Compatible)

Post by erik_gee » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:07 pm

I just want you all to know that as a college student, you are paying for my groceries right now so thank you very much :D
GBC AIO kit Sales Thread:https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9928

Bunch of different shoulder button kits Sales Thread:viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6233&p=63192#p63192

AIO board for DMG Sales Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6431

6 Button Common Ground Board Sales Thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4811

erik_gee

Re: [For Sale, International and Domestic] L and R button Bracket (Kite's SAIO Compatible)

Post by erik_gee » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:09 am

For those still following, I am making a new bracket for shoulder buttons. But this time it will utilize the original Gameboy buttons, as I know a lot of people have expressed interest in using the original buttons instead of tactile switches.

I've made my own custom pcbs which I have already ordered, and I will be designing a new bracket to hold it in a similar fashion to this bracket. If you would like to check it out, please head over to this link and also vote on the poll, which will help me out with ordering parts GREATLY.

http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3805

P.s. I will still be selling these brackets as well :)
GBC AIO kit Sales Thread:https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9928

Bunch of different shoulder button kits Sales Thread:viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6233&p=63192#p63192

Brag0n

Post by Brag0n » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:04 am

Is it possible to request a picture of a white case/house with white buttons?
I would really love to see before i jump into this with both legs ;P
*big thumbs up for the great work*

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:39 pm

Brag0n wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:04 am
of course, no problem! Ill snap a pic once i get back home later tonight

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:14 pm

Brag0n wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:04 am

Brag0n

Post by Brag0n » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:47 am

THAT, looks really really nice!
Oohh.. so difficult to decide on all the options sometimes!

Ok, so here's the thing.. You've got competition Erik.
To be specific, Kubino, is doing some similar work.. but you both have your specific style/look.
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3309

I'm kinda wondering if you'd also be able to make a sweet 4 button(R1/R2/L1/L2) set-up with your bracket.
Which you ought to try! ;)

Anyways, I quite sure I'll be ordering 1 (white) bracket/button setup in the near future.
But I'll probably also be waiting for Kubino's 4 button setup to try that out as well.
Unless you can come up with a better solution to that ;)

Oh, and a last suggestion! You should check with kubino's solution if you both got the same diameter on the buttons here..
And if so, if they're placed at the same location.. that would be awesome!
If NOT.. you should talk to him so that he can carve holes in his cases, based on your template! ;)

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:08 am

Brag0n wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:47 am
THAT, looks really really nice!
Oohh.. so difficult to decide on all the options sometimes!

Ok, so here's the thing.. You've got competition Erik.
To be specific, Kubino, is doing some similar work.. but you both have your specific style/look.
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3309

I'm kinda wondering if you'd also be able to make a sweet 4 button(R1/R2/L1/L2) set-up with your bracket.
Which you ought to try! ;)

Anyways, I quite sure I'll be ordering 1 (white) bracket/button setup in the near future.
But I'll probably also be waiting for Kubino's 4 button setup to try that out as well.
Unless you can come up with a better solution to that ;)

Oh, and a last suggestion! You should check with kubino's solution if you both got the same diameter on the buttons here..
And if so, if they're placed at the same location.. that would be awesome!
If NOT.. you should talk to him so that he can carve holes in his cases, based on your template! ;)
Yeah I noticed his shoulder bracket a little after I started selling haha someone had mentioned to me about making a 4 shoulder button option for l2 and r2, and I've been looking into it for my new bracket. The problem I have is that for this bracket, the button are just a little too large to fit in the same compartment area. Kubino uses 3d printed buttons I believe ? Which are smaller and have a little but more wiggle room. Personally I've tried 3d printed buttons and they don't quite feel very nice compared to injection molded buttons. I really like how his design is though, just the fact he can get 4 to fit in that area is pretty cool. But unfortunately, like I said, I use the larger buttons so it's a very tight fit.

If you look in my signature, I'm actually making an updated version. The updated version will let you use the original Gameboy buttons, and use the conductive pad method instead of tactile switch. So it will look cleaner and feel just like the front buttons. I feel like this is probably going to be one of the better options out there once my parts come in, so keep an eye out for that if you are interested.

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:12 am

On the new one I am looking at a 4 button option though, as someone has brought that up before as well. With the introduction of the computer module, there is probably gonna be more need for a 4 shoulder button option. So I am looking into it ! Probably do some sort of stacking method with my custom boards. Thank you for your input, it is greatly appreciated !

Brag0n

Post by Brag0n » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:36 pm

Understandable ;)
By my opinion though.. stay away from trying to get the same kind of buttons on the back..
Actually.. when i think about it, i believe that's already been made. In this, your, setup.
There was someone on the forum that made a bracket + small pcb's for the original buttons
Oh yeah! Here we go:
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2923
I can see now that your setup will be located somewhat lower though.

Regarding the button size.. isn't that more about getting the correct cap?
I just wrote Kubino about that earlier today.

There's a bunch of tactile button caps put there.
The ones that are of interest tough (by my opinion) are: "A101", "A56", "A16", "SC505" and so on. You really ought to have a look ;)

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:00 pm

Brag0n wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:36 pm
Understandable ;)
By my opinion though.. stay away from trying to get the same kind of buttons on the back..
Actually.. when i think about it, i believe that's already been made. In this, your, setup.
There was someone on the forum that made a bracket + small pcb's for the original buttons
Oh yeah! Here we go:
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2923
I can see now that your setup will be located somewhat lower though.

Regarding the button size.. isn't that more about getting the correct cap?
I just wrote Kubino about that earlier today.

There's a bunch of tactile button caps put there.
The ones that are of interest tough (by my opinion) are: "A101", "A56", "A16", "SC505" and so on. You really ought to have a look ;)
It depends on the cap and button itself. The larger 12mm caps I use are mainly made for the larger 12*12 tactile switches. The base is fairly large on them, so it would be a tight fit. I can always look into smaller ones and fit them in but at that point, it would be too similar to kubino's and I wouldn't feel comfortable with that, as I wish to show other sellers here a level of respect and not step on any toes. I will be looking into a 4 button option but I will have to make it unique enough to differentiate it.

And I have seen caste's before, very nice setup. And a very nice guy. He uses the kitsch bent boards though, which are much too large to fit in the same area. Those buttons sit WAY too high for my taste haha and I know many people prefer having them in the location that I'm doing, rather than higher up. And the kitsch bent boards I believe come in singles, so you have to buy 2, and also I hear the international shipping on them can come out to crazy prices. I ship items for a flat 3$ international.

My bracket will also feature a screw in design which I have not seen many people do if at all. The bracket has been going through some updates, and doesn't look like the first image anymore. It will have a bottom part that contains the Wells and screw posts and then 2 parts that will screw in the Gameboy screw posts, as well as another screw sandwiching the PCB between the top and bottom. A little hard to explain in words haha anyways, it will be a non-glue design. All screws. But with the option to add glue for extra support.