[WANTED] Prepopulated Audio Buffer (Low Pass Filter)

Post all "Looking to buy XYZ" threads here.
Nomad

[WANTED] Prepopulated Audio Buffer (Low Pass Filter)

Post by Nomad » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Hello,

I'm almost done with my GBZ project! I just have to build/install the low pass filter for the audio jack. I have the suggested amplifier from Adafruit already, but from everything I've read it's a bad idea to wire directly to it without the low pass filter. I've also found it difficult to source the exact capacitors/resistors needed.

I've seen the unpopulated pcb floating around here, but the problem there is that I don't have any of the required capacitors or resisters to populate it myself. So I'm hoping that there is an already populated low pass filter for sale somewhere out there. I saw the one that's attached to the red megaman pcb, but that one has the whole controller board attached and I've already got that part finished with another controller board that doesn't have the audio filter. (Next time I'd definitely buy that pcb!)

So, here are my questions, in preferential order...

1) Is there a small prepopulated pcb for just the low pass filter for sale somewhere?
2) If not.. I have an old damaged pi2 which has a 3.5mm jack. Can I somehow remove the low pass filter from that to use for my gbz? Is that crazy talk?
3) If not.. would it be possible to buy one of the controller pcbs and cut out the filter from there?
4) If not.. does anyone have any suggestions on where I could source the needed capacitors/resistors from one place?

Thanks!

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: [WANTED] Prepopulated Audio Buffer (Low Pass Filter)

Post by Helder » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:51 am

The parts are easily found at Taydaelectronics.com for super cheap. I designed the boards you're talking about both the controllerand tthe loose board.

I have a few boards arriving next week if you want to wait and I can sell you one that's populate and ready to install.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Nomad

Post by Nomad » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:12 pm

@Helder...

That would be awesome!

Do you also have one of the controller board pcbs w/audio on hand for sale? I'd like to build a second gbz and would love to use that for the next one.

You do amazing work from what I've seen on here. Thanks to both you and wermy for your contributions to this great community!

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:59 pm

I'll have them up for sale later tonight, need to receive the boards which are scheduled to be here today.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.