[GAUGING INTREST] 1mm glass screen protector with silkscreen border and 2mm adhesive backing

If you'd like to gauge interest in an idea before putting it into production, do it here!
TheDeviantZen

Re: [GAUGING INTREST] 1mm glass screen protector with silkscreen border and 2mm adhesive backing

Post by TheDeviantZen » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:30 am

I will probably buy one too

dagormz

Re: [GAUGING INTREST] 1mm glass screen protector with silkscreen border and 2mm adhesive backing

Post by dagormz » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:48 am

I'd buy 2 if they were priced as you say

neolith

Post by neolith » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:55 pm

I'd buy one! :)

Are you planning on making a design with a dark grey border like the one the original GameBoy had? The black border looks very dominant on a grey case.
– "The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." –

Flosion

Post by Flosion » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:08 pm

neolith wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:55 pm
I'd buy one! :)

Are you planning on making a design with a dark grey border like the one the original GameBoy had? The black border looks very dominant on a grey case.
This, exactly. :)

A grey one would be great. Even better if we could get "dot matrix with stereo sound" or "game boy zero" options as well.

Keep us updated!

jermzz

Post by jermzz » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:43 pm

I'd love to be able to do multiple designs, but I'm not sure it's possible. The manufacturer considers each small change a new design, and is subject to a new batch with the same MDQ. Having multiple designs would mean thousands of screens, and I just think the demand isn't there unfortunately. If I do this batch, and make my money back and enough for another batch, I'd be willing to take a vote and pay for another sample / batch. But that's only going to be possible if / when I sell half of the first order. I don't have thousands of dollars to put up front unfortunately. If someone knows a manufacturer that will take my design and have a low mdq, I'd be willing to talk to them. But all the ones I've talked to have all had a similar minimum order. I suspect this is why others have stopped.

Vidkid72

Post by Vidkid72 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:38 pm

I'm in for two please.

Thanks!

burni

Post by burni » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:19 am

I'm interested too!

leewade

Post by leewade » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:56 am

I would be in for two or three

ThatOtherPerson1

Post by ThatOtherPerson1 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:38 am

I would be in as well. Finishing up my first build and looking to start up a second. :-)

tinkerBOY

Post by tinkerBOY » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:13 am

Im interested as well. Hoping for a "Game Boy Zero" letters. 😀 But i will buy any.
New! tinkerBOY PowerSwitch v1.0 with Safe Shutdown
Game Boy Zero Controllers available @ tinkerBOY.xyz * Support
tinkerBOY Controller v3.0 - built-in usb controller, usb audio, and usb hub
tinkerBOY Controller v2.0 - GPIO buttons and builtin PWM Audio and Amplifier
tinkerBOY Controller v1.1 - simple pcb button
* DPI Adapter - better display for GBZ
* keyboard converters - IBM XT/AT Soarer's Converter | ADB to USB Converter