Replacement power switch

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
Topher

Re: Replacement power switch

Post by Topher » Tue May 31, 2016 9:21 am

Popcorn wrote:
Topher wrote:@Popcorn did you have to do any modding to the pololu switch in the case?
The Pololu switch is the electronic switch for my graceful shutdowns. Its not a physical switch so no modding is done on it. Is that what you mean?
I'm sorry I didn't look at your wiring schematic close enough. I thought you were using the pololu as the physical switch. My bad.

evil_BaD_one

Post by evil_BaD_one » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:07 am

Popcorn wrote:[*]
Kilren wrote:
Popcorn wrote:I broke mine too. So I bought this one. It fits except you have to dremel the height of thr switch by a couple mm to fit properly into the case and the plastic flip switch button cover. Not hard to do.

http://ebay.com/itm/301939610267
Which posts did you solder?
All three (there's six total but only using one side). The OFF pin to GPIO27. Common ground to SW GND on my Pololu. And the ON pin to other side of SW on Pololu.
Using wermy's equipment, do you know which posts i would need to connect? I got the same switch, just need to connect it.

steelnation248

Post by steelnation248 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:55 pm

Do you think there would be a problem with using this switch?

https://www.adafruit.com/products/805

Or should I get a few that have the 6 pins?

Popcorn
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Popcorn » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:48 am

evil_BaD_one wrote:
Popcorn wrote:[*]
Kilren wrote:
Which posts did you solder?
All three (there's six total but only using one side). The OFF pin to GPIO27. Common ground to SW GND on my Pololu. And the ON pin to other side of SW on Pololu.
Using wermy's equipment, do you know which posts i would need to connect? I got the same switch, just need to connect it.
Using Wermy guide (without graceful shutdown) you wire the off post (far left, with the pins facing closest to you) and the middle GND post to EN and GND of the Powerboost respectively.