battery life issue...

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
Frigo

battery life issue...

Post by Frigo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:37 am

Hello everyone! I just finish my second build for my brother (exactly the same as mine here http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 052#p37052 ) but I got probleme, the battery life is realy realy short! 20min for 4000mah!! :shock:

When I played "mobile" is 20min but when I play on my TV (only battery) with HDMI and bluetooth gamepad (PS4) it works more than 1h30 !

So I think there something wrong with my screen, but I don't known what. Can someone help me....

That how is my pcb screen (I folow the instruction for bypass the volt)

YaYa

Re: battery life issue...

Post by YaYa » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:22 am

You may have two differents problems related to your issue...
1) you have a poor battery and maybe poorly charged so you cannot expect much of it.
2) the power efficiency of your screen is really bad because of the convertirs thus you cannot last long while activating the LCD and that’s why you have a better battery life when playing on the TV.
3) this is an extra, adding an external controller to the build via bluetooth of whatever will consume more power also ;)

Take a look at my signature, i have a special
Post for optimizing the system for battery and SD Card life. Also i’ve made some testings with my system, and my 4800mAh battery gives me 7,5h of intensive playing before dying (on LCD).

So what i suggest, test a different battery even if you let it outside (just for a test, like a branded mobile phone battery)
Do not hesitate to solder the wires to the battery pads directly and run on it, you will be fixed if for example, you get 2h with a 1600mAh cell phone battery.

As for the power consumption of the LCd driver, i have nothing to say to help you except if it’s really the only issue, change screen :(

I suppose this a BW composite screen ?
Follow me on instagram Image

Frigo

Post by Frigo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:37 am

Yes it’s a BW screen. I will command new battery so and test it. Wich one do you recommand? I would like to put it inside the battery compartiment. Thanks for your Quick answer !

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:17 am

Use this battery, it is really good quality and i’m having 7,5h play time with it.
Take a look to my log post to see how it fits the battery case. (Link in my signature)
Take also a look at my post for optimization for long lasting battery and SD card life (link in my signature).

http://www.mbuynow.com/4800mah-replacem ... p-843.html
Follow me on instagram Image