GBZ kit on Ebay

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
Stardust42

GBZ kit on Ebay

Post by Stardust42 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:12 am

Hi everyone,

I really want to build my own GameBoy zero. I'm still at the stage of rounding up everything I'll need to do so. So far, I've got the Pi zero and the glass screen LOL :D . It's worth mentioning that I'm a COMPLETE noob on all this matter and just hope that I will succeed following wermy's tutorials and videos (and with all the help I can gather from here!).

I found this kit on ebay, and just wanted to know if it was worth buying or not.

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Gameboy-Zero-Ki ... N#shpCntId

Will I have nearly everything needed? I think the only missing parts would be the camera screen, the Micro-SD card cartridge adaptor (PRS-TECH), JST cables and the battery. Right?

Also, I live in France so some of the parts are not easily available seperately (3d printed parts, All-in-one button PCB...).

Or do you think I should still try to buy everything seperately?

Thank you for your help !

snoek09

Re: GBZ kit on Ebay

Post by snoek09 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:09 pm

I have a Micro SD card cartridge for sale: http://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4391

I can also add other parts if you need, like button membranes, USB hub, DS lite Game Boy cartridge reader, Banggood power boost module, tactile buttons and 3d printed parts.

I have quite some unused spare parts left.

Last edited by snoek09 on Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YaYa

Re: GBZ kit on Ebay

Post by YaYa » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:43 pm

Stardust42 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:12 am
Hi everyone,

I really want to build my own GameBoy zero. I'm still at the stage of rounding up everything I'll need to do so. So far, I've got the Pi zero and the glass screen LOL :D . It's worth mentioning that I'm a COMPLETE noob on all this matter and just hope that I will succeed following wermy's tutorials and videos (and with all the help I can gather from here!).

I found this kit on ebay, and just wanted to know if it was worth buying or not.

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Gameboy-Zero-Ki ... N#shpCntId

Will I have nearly everything needed? I think the only missing parts would be the camera screen, the Micro-SD card cartridge adaptor (PRS-TECH), JST cables and the battery. Right?

Also, I live in France so some of the parts are not easily available seperately (3d printed parts, All-in-one button PCB...).

Or do you think I should still try to buy everything seperately?

Thank you for your help !
Salut le Français ! :mrgreen:

Although it's an almost complete kit, i find it a bit expensive. But you won't have to wait ages for parts from china to come so if you can afford it, you can go. I presume the difference is PayPal fees, Ebay fees, shipping fees :?
You will need a screen, some wirings, the Pi (you already have this) and the battery.

Si tu as besoin d'aide, n'hésites pas ;)
Follow me on instagram Image