[Unsolved] Can't access Retroarch from PiSnes emulator

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
cturts

[Unsolved] Can't access Retroarch from PiSnes emulator

Post by cturts » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:17 pm

Edit - Now that the controls work perfectly on every other emulator, I can't get it to work at all on the pisnes, and the emulator also won't let me get into retroarch by pressing the down L1 L2 and Y combination to change it, anyone know a workaround on this?

Hey!
So I did it!! I have a perfectly functioning gbz using my old gameboy thanks to some awesome people on here!

Just tried using a Bluetooth controller for it to play as player two and I can't seem to get it to do it, it stays as player one too, does anyone know how I can work this? Had a look on retroactive setups etc but couldn't tell

Thank you!!
Last edited by cturts on Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lphillimore

Re: When I attach a controller it is also player 1?

Post by Lphillimore » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:20 pm

Not sure how many people have actually tried to setup 2 player with their GBZ but it's possible.

From what you've described, the Bluetooth controller is simply taking over Controller 1.

From within Retroarch you should be able to setup Controller 2 independently.

It might be easier to test with a wired D-Pad initially (GBZ controls for P1 and D-Pad for P2)

I'll see if I get a minute to test this on one of mine.

cturts

Re: When I attach a controller it is also player 1?

Post by cturts » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:36 am

It was in the Retroarch Input
then User Binds :D set player one to port 1 and player 2 to my plugged in xbox one controller

Now I've just come across this -

Edit - Now that the controls work perfectly on every other emulator, I can't get it to work at all on the pisnes, and the emulator also won't let me get into retroarch by pressing the down L1 L2 and Y combination to change it, anyone know a workaround on this?

YaYa

Re: [Unsolved] Can't access Retroarch from PiSnes emulator

Post by YaYa » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:24 am

Any emulator not starting with lr- (libretro) is not compatible with retroarch...
So you can’t share config, inputs and so...
Or you switch emulator to something lr- or you dig into the emulator itself to find out how to set it up...
Follow me on instagram Image