All in One PCB Support Thread

Marty33

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by Marty33 » Wed May 24, 2017 5:27 pm

Hello @Helder.

All is soldered. But no sound with Jack or speaker.

I know you mention it on your first post, but, is it necessary for the moment to have the sound ?

I continue without worry ?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed May 24, 2017 11:27 pm

I don't quite understand the question. You need to have the pwm programmed and also the volume wheel wiring has to be correct to get sound. If you are testing pwm with HDMI then you will not get audio.

Have you posted pictures of your wiring yet? Did you edit the config file for pwm audio?
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Marty33

Post by Marty33 » Thu May 25, 2017 3:24 am

Sorry for my bad english.

I add : dtoverlay=pwm-2chan,pin=18,func=2,pin2=13,func2=4

In the options, i set "Jack".

20 or 30 seconds later, the sounds in my Headphones is here (yeaaaaaaaa). Remove headphones, the sounds stay (yeeeeeeeaaaa).

I reboot the raspberry, impossible to recover the sound :shock: :shock:

You have a tips ?

RobbsyB

Post by RobbsyB » Thu May 25, 2017 7:08 am

Hey,
I posted some pictures of my wiring on page 93: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1185&sid=e36ad21108 ... 920#p33005
I'm pretty sure that my wiring is fine and since there was no feedback on obvious errors, I assume that all wires are soldered correctly.
Does anyone have any idea why my board is not detected by my computer?

Is there any way to test all components separately?
- USB: connect to computer and check "Device Manager"
- ATMega32u4: connect 6-pin ISP header and try to read from ic?
- PAM8403 / Audio output: connect audio source and try to play some tunes?

I am not an electrical engineer, but I am also not a noob regarding electronics. If your advise is to change ics (FE1.1, ATMega32u4, PAM8403) I am confident to do so.

@Helder: can you send me the specification of vulnerable components so I can buy and replace them (e.g. fuse F1).

Thank you for your help.
Cheers!

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Thu May 25, 2017 3:33 pm

RobbsyB wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 7:08 am
Hey,
I posted some pictures of my wiring on page 93: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1185&sid=e36ad21108 ... 920#p33005
I'm pretty sure that my wiring is fine and since there was no feedback on obvious errors, I assume that all wires are soldered correctly.
Does anyone have any idea why my board is not detected by my computer?

Is there any way to test all components separately?
- USB: connect to computer and check "Device Manager"
- ATMega32u4: connect 6-pin ISP header and try to read from ic?
- PAM8403 / Audio output: connect audio source and try to play some tunes?

I am not an electrical engineer, but I am also not a noob regarding electronics. If your advise is to change ics (FE1.1, ATMega32u4, PAM8403) I am confident to do so.

@Helder: can you send me the specification of vulnerable components so I can buy and replace them (e.g. fuse F1).

Thank you for your help.
Cheers!

Have you tried to connect it to a raspberry pi...

Is your USB port working on your computer

Are you sure the board is actually getting power...

Why are you trying to hook it up to a PC anyway...

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu May 25, 2017 4:42 pm

When you plug it into a pc is there 5v at any of the 5V solder holes? if yes then the fuse is good, then best thing to try is a reflow of the pins on the FE1.1s and the little 12mhz resonator.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu May 25, 2017 4:51 pm

Marty33 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 3:24 am
Sorry for my bad english.

I add : dtoverlay=pwm-2chan,pin=18,func=2,pin2=13,func2=4

In the options, i set "Jack".

20 or 30 seconds later, the sounds in my Headphones is here (yeaaaaaaaa). Remove headphones, the sounds stay (yeeeeeeeaaaa).

I reboot the raspberry, impossible to recover the sound :shock: :shock:

You have a tips ?
Replace your config file with this one:
Config.txt

this is for retropie 4.2 and let me know the outcome. Don't touch any other settings as this should work without touching the audio options beside increasing the volume. Maybe do fresh install then use this config.txt file.

RobbsyB

Post by RobbsyB » Fri May 26, 2017 1:28 am

VeteranGamer wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 3:33 pm
Have you tried to connect it to a raspberry pi...
No I have not, because I usually test all single components before I move to the "big picture". This is what I learnt from previous projects. Just want to avoid headaches if there is no sign of functionality after connecting everything, or (worst-case) all parts blow up due to malfunction in a single component.
VeteranGamer wrote:
Is your USB port working on your computer
Yes it is.
VeteranGamer wrote:
Are you sure the board is actually getting power...
See answer below.
VeteranGamer wrote:
Why are you trying to hook it up to a PC anyway...
I want to flash the Atmel with HoolyHoos OSD Battery monitor.
Helder wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 4:42 pm
When you plug it into a pc is there 5v at any of the 5V solder holes?
I get 5V after removing the fuse from the board. Looking closer at the fuse, I appears to me that it is broken.
With fuse removed, having checked all pins on the FE1.1s and connected board to PC, there is no feedback from the computer (Device Manager).
At least the FE1.1s or any component (e.g. 12mhz resonator) being involved in the USB hub must be damaged as well.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri May 26, 2017 12:24 pm

When you removed the fuse did you bridge the pads the fuse was on? If not then no power will go to the board.

RobbsyB

Post by RobbsyB » Fri May 26, 2017 3:24 pm

Helder wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 12:24 pm
When you removed the fuse did you bridge the pads the fuse was on? If not then no power will go to the board.
I did remove the fuse, but did not bridge the pads. But I measure 5V between 5V IN and GND In pad when connected to USB port.
Doesn't this demonstrate that the board receives power from the USB port?