Wiring Diagram

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
SumCanadianGuy

Re: Wiring Diagram

Post by SumCanadianGuy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:43 pm

drafterITA wrote:
SumCanadianGuy wrote:
drafterITA wrote: Thank you very much for the update :)

do you know by chance how should I wire a red led to signal for the low battery?
it's my understanding that it should be wired to the LBO pad on the Safe Shutdown break board , and the ground also on the ground of the Safe Shutdown.. is it necessary to add a resistor before the led? or the ones already mounted on the Safe Shutdown will do the trick? :)
I just use the LED on the powerboost. I am planning on running a small fiber optic strand from the light to the side of the case then I don't have to mess with the powerboost at all.
I see..
well I don't want to mess with the powerboost, yet, so my question was about wiring the red led for the low battery notification to the Safe Shutdown break board.
Sorry I guess I misread your post. I did not add any LEDs to the switch. There is a low battery LED on the power boost. I just use that.

bladerunner

Post by bladerunner » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:57 pm

Thank you for this diagram. Worked perfectly for my setup, just had to switch the D+ and D- wires

JohnTheKing

Post by JohnTheKing » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:31 pm

bladerunner wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:57 pm
Thank you for this diagram. Worked perfectly for my setup, just had to switch the D+ and D- wires
May I ask why you had to switch them? Or can you explain what you mean by you had to switch the two wires?

bladerunner

Post by bladerunner » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:38 pm

JohnTheKing wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:31 pm
May I ask why you had to switch them? Or can you explain what you mean by you had to switch the two wires?
I originally wired my GBZ exactly as shown is this diagram:

Once i fired everything up, emulation station wasn't detecting any gamepads. I did a little research and read in Helder's support thread that D+ needs to go to pad 22 and D- to pad 23. Once i did that, it worked perfectly

onesojourner

Post by onesojourner » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:00 am

bladerunner wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:38 pm
JohnTheKing wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:31 pm
I originally wired my GBZ exactly as shown is this diagram:

Once i fired everything up, emulation station wasn't detecting any gamepads. I did a little research and read in Helder's support thread that D+ needs to go to pad 22 and D- to pad 23. Once i did that, it worked perfectly
Is there an advantage to wiring the screen control board ground to the pi rather than the ground on the powerstrip? I am having static issues so I am grasping for straws here.

Edit I just realized it looks like you have 2 grounds hooked up. Is that what I am seeing?

bladerunner

Post by bladerunner » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:22 am

onesojourner wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:00 am
Is there an advantage to wiring the screen control board ground to the pi rather than the ground on the powerstrip? I am having static issues so I am grasping for straws here.

Edit I just realized it looks like you have 2 grounds hooked up. Is that what I am seeing?
The one going to the control board is ground and the one going to the Pi is actually one of the video lines. Do you mean static on your screen? Did you do the 5v conversion to it?

onesojourner

Post by onesojourner » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:09 am

Yes I did that 5v conversion. It is a version 8 screen. I am getting very sketchy performance, blinking off and on and when it is on I always have some level of static. I may have damaged the ribbon cable but I am not sure how. I have removed it from the control board and put it back but there is no change. I have another screen on the way from amazon but I would prefer to use this one since it is already glued in.

Why do you need 2 video lines? I am only using the square pad on the pi labeled TV.

SumCanadianGuy

Post by SumCanadianGuy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:28 am

onesojourner wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:09 am
Yes I did that 5v conversion. It is a version 8 screen. I am getting very sketchy performance, blinking off and on and when it is on I always have some level of static. I may have damaged the ribbon cable but I am not sure how. I have removed it from the control board and put it back but there is no change. I have another screen on the way from amazon but I would prefer to use this one since it is already glued in.

Why do you need 2 video lines? I am only using the square pad on the pi labeled TV.
Some screens, mine for example, have a ground for the video. that is what the other wire is for. I don't know if it works without it, but it works with it so I'm not going to take it off