Battery help/information

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
Kresent

Battery help/information

Post by Kresent » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:42 am

Hello, I'm working on my GBZ. Currently working on a regular one and planning a GBA one

I was these cheap batteries at Walmart today for $2 each. They're Li-Ion but I noticed that they are 5v output instead of the 3.7v output of the "standard" 2500 mAh battery that people have been using.

I opened it up and it looks like this which seems to be good for me (smaller and already has wires on the terminals.)

My quest is, will the 5v output of this portable charger be a problem? From my understanding, the Pi is running off of 5v anyway, but I don't know if it would cause a problem with the Powerboost 1000c
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (899.12 KiB) Viewed 1787 times

I also bought two of these, so any information on how to run two of these on the same powerboost would be great

EDIT/

Upon further inspection, the battery itself says 3.7v, so the adapter part must make it 5v output. So, follow up question. Along with being able to do two in one circuit, is it possible to use the built in adapter as a makeshift Powerboost in another build?