Screen Surround

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
Chedda

Re: Screen Surround

Post by Chedda » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:12 pm

Thanks for quality controlling our orders. Much appreciated
Builder and tinkerer

dominator

Post by dominator » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:11 am

The replacement laser cuts turned up. You would think that since they were sending out replacements that they would be perfect:
I think these are the worst quality of laser cuts I have ever had. They were dirty, some were scratched and even others were not cut properly.

Supplier no. 3 has promised branded ISO quality acrylic, but that will turn up in 2 days. My first supplier, who I had upset (!) had sent through a sample and it looks great. I don't know if I have already said but I have taken today and tomorrow off work, so I can catch up with orders. But at this moment i'm still waiting, sigh.

CaptainDurden

Post by CaptainDurden » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:45 am

you're a hero!
Helder wrote:People spend so much time in asking questions and no time looking for an answer that is available.

zerocrash

Post by zerocrash » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:04 pm

What the shit. I would be pissed and getting my money back. =/ That is incredibly unacceptable and that they even bothered to ship those to you shows how little they care.

dominator

Post by dominator » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:05 am

zerocrash wrote:What the shit. I would be pissed and getting my money back. =/ That is incredibly unacceptable and that they even bothered to ship those to you shows how little they care.
Yep, trying to get my money back right now...

Oh, this is the best one:
(don't know how the hair got there) i'm speechless!

nime3

Post by nime3 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:45 pm

Pm'd you about ordering one ^^

dominator

Post by dominator » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:32 am

an update:

3rd time lucky:
NO NOT AGAIN!!!

So i'm sorry for anyone still waiting for their screens. I have ordered more off the first supplier and the third one is replacing these ones that are pictured above. I feel like giving up, it shouldn't be hard to get a simple piece of acrylic cut?
I will update this thread as soon as stock arrives. The trouble is that i when I order it, they have to order the material, the next day they cut it and then it gets shipped out, I get the order 3 working days after ordering. So there is 3 working days before I know there is a problem. 3 suppliers messed up and it has delayed everything by nearly 2 weeks :evil: :twisted:

I have ordered 100's of pieces, so the chances it should be back to normal soon are high.

iSP

Post by iSP » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:46 am

You'd start asking yourself whether they ever heard of quality control... even someone with no knowledge of what it's being used for should see this is unacceptable... 3 times from 3 different suppliers? that's really unfortunate.

zerocrash

Post by zerocrash » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:04 am

Yeah, that's really crazy these companies just send them out like that, scorch marks and all.

dominator

Post by dominator » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:52 pm

At last i have some decent screens!

This is how cast acrylic should look, it is smooth but close up you can see the cut marks. You can get a smoother finish with extruded acrylic, but it marks easily, that is why I use cast acrylic.

you can see a better finish, even with this just finished dark dot matrix one (the decal is still wet).
It looks correct, until you compare it side by side to the original and then you notice it is more red in color. I have tried all the grays.

So I have a busy week ahead and I will try to catch up with orders.