I’m by no means an expert, but you might be able to use the bottom half of the board in a game boy zero. I’m not sure about the screen. You’d probably be better off using an all in one board meant for a gbz.
Search found 19 matches
- Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:31 pm
- Forum: General Chat (mintyPi)
- Topic: Solder Paste/Hot Air Rework Gun for mintypi
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2713
Solder paste for some reason scares me. I personally would use a fine tip iron, but I have a friend who uses paste and a small toaster oven and it seems fairly successful. A hot air gun is pretty nice to have tho for removing USB ports and stuff.
- Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:25 pm
- Forum: Show-off Corner
- Topic: Noob Tries to Make a Pii U (Wii U Retropie Gamepad)
- Replies: 36
- Views: 13889
Best of luck dude. Your posts so far are absolutely wonderful and honestly pretty professional.
- Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:53 pm
- Forum: General Chat (Game Boy Zero)
- Topic: Best Vendor for High Quality Shell?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 768
Retromodding.com has some good stuff. I’ve not used thier buttons but I’ve used a case from them and it seems pretty nice quality. Here’s a link to the SNES button set. https://www.retromodding.com/collections/gameboy-zero/products/game-boy-zero-buttons-pack?variant=7144903475233 The light grey case...
- Fri May 25, 2018 11:00 am
- Forum: Looking to Buy
- Topic: Helder's MintyPi Button PCB
- Replies: 3
- Views: 772
I’d recommend buying one of these desoldering irons. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008DJRYIG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ibecBbDR4MV30 A hot air rework is also a good thing to have. I used both (but I had better luck with the desildering iron) when I messed up soldering a pi zero to prerunnerseth’s SNESPi thi...
- Wed May 09, 2018 11:42 pm
- Forum: Show-off Corner (Game Boy Zero)
- Topic: DeathMegatron69’s first GBZ build
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1138
Hello everyone! I just completed my first GBZ. Prior to this, I’ve not had any experience in electronics, soldering, or code. I think it turned out ok. I definitely learned a lot, and I’m confident my next one will be better. Parts used: Raspberry Pi Zero W Gearbest 3.5 inch TFT LCD Display White DM...