Pitendo switch : am I good ?

Got an idea for a project? Found a cool project you want to share? Post it here!
Post Reply
User avatar
ChadWardenn
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:43 am
Been thanked: 3 times

Pitendo switch : am I good ?

Post by ChadWardenn » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:11 am

Hello,
I'm planning on making a Nintendo switch clone with a raspberry pi 3.
I found this on the forum but it's for raspberry zero. I assume that the connection to the raspberry is different but is the rest good for the rasp 3 ?
https://i.imgur.com/74mlicv.png

Also, I found a lot of stuff. Can you tell me if that's good?
- a simple little on/off switch
- the adafruit powerboost 1000c
- this sound card + jack to disassemble a little
- 2 gameboy color/advance speakers (idk :oops: )
- a gameboy color volume wheel
- this micro USB charging port
- this USB hub to disassemble (I was told it work on raspberry zero)
- This stereo amp
- this controller who I want to disasemble to connect it with cables to the raspberry
- this screen
- this controller board for the screen
- a battery (I'll take according to the place I have left)
- a box printed with a 3D printer (I need to see but I saw this but for a 7" : https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic ... tch#p51551 )

Also, I wonder if I Can use two different controllers to play without redoing the keys each time. The one I said above for portable mode and an ajouter bluetooth one for TV mode.

What do you think ?

User avatar
VeteranGamer
Posts: 1240
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:12 am
Location: London, UK
Has thanked: 339 times
Been thanked: 653 times

Re: Pitendo switch : am I good ?

Post by VeteranGamer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:59 am

ChadWardenn wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:11 am
Hello,
I'm planning on making a Nintendo switch clone with a raspberry pi 3.
I found this on the forum but it's for raspberry zero. I assume that the connection to the raspberry is different but is the rest good for the rasp 3 ?
https://i.imgur.com/74mlicv.png

Also, I found a lot of stuff. Can you tell me if that's good?
- a simple little on/off switch
- the adafruit powerboost 1000c
- this sound card + jack to disassemble a little
- 2 gameboy color/advance speakers (idk :oops: )
- a gameboy color volume wheel
- this micro USB charging port
- this USB hub to disassemble (I was told it work on raspberry zero)
- This stereo amp
- this controller who I want to disasemble to connect it with cables to the raspberry
- this screen
- this controller board for the screen
- a battery (I'll take according to the place I have left)
- a box printed with a 3D printer (I need to see but I saw this but for a 7" : https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic ... tch#p51551 )

Also, I wonder if I Can use two different controllers to play without redoing the keys each time. The one I said above for portable mode and an ajouter bluetooth one for TV mode.

What do you think ?

this is actually an easier build (IMHO) than the GBC you were thinking of doing (not sure if your still planning that or its shelved)

just a few things to consider......

you dont need to get a board for the screen (just buy a screen thats ready to use)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Raspber ... autifyAB=0

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Raspber ... autifyAB=0

if your planning of using Pi3, than you dont need a USB hub, as it already has 4 USB ports....

also i wouldn't consider a bluetooth controller.... (you might experience connectivity issues, and you also have to supply power to it)
just go for something like this (and make it work)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wired-U ... autifyAB=0

or consider any other USB controller option....


And the most important thing (IMHO)

before you even start buying the all the items....
make sure you've got the housing covered..... (ie, you know what type you want, and you've got it printed out)
as you can see from the other build you mentioned,
that member had issues with getting the housing to print correctly, and had several attempts at it...

if you dont have a housing to start of with, and think you can leave that part until the end (you may end up regretting you choose this build)....
you may find that all the money you spent on the parts was in vain, as you've got nothing solid to put them all in.....
(also based of the housing you choose/go with, certain parts make be more suitable for it)


providing you have a good case/shell/housing to work with, this build should just be a matter of fitting the components in.....


either way.....
let us know how you get on...


.

User avatar
ChadWardenn
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:43 am
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Pitendo switch : am I good ?

Post by ChadWardenn » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:01 am

Thanks a lot for the anwser. Yes, I abandon the gbcz for now. Maybe for later...

For the screen, I really want a 6" to be much closer to the N switch. 7" is too big for a portable console I think. And I can't find a 6" ready to use sadly :(

Also, I'm want to remove the usb ports and the ethernet port to make it slimmer. Using a rasp zero was a good idea because it's smaller but you can't play N64 and PS1 games with the zero, right ?

For the bluetooth controller, if I disasemble the "ipega spider" to connect it without bluetooth to the raspberry is it gonna work ? Or maybe you were talking about the "TV" controller ?

Thanks for the case tips too. You're right. But before printing, I want to have the screen at least and make "real" measurements to be sure.

I make a "blue print" of my project. The quality is bad but now I have a real idea of what I'm planning to do (the controller case will be glued to the console case) :
SpoilerShow
Image
I also want to make a base to connect it to the TV and charge it at the same time (like the switch) but I'll do that when the console is finished. It's not very hard to do I think.

User avatar
VeteranGamer
Posts: 1240
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:12 am
Location: London, UK
Has thanked: 339 times
Been thanked: 653 times

Re: Pitendo switch : am I good ?

Post by VeteranGamer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:40 am

ChadWardenn wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:01 am
Thanks a lot for the anwser. Yes, I abandon the gbcz for now. Maybe for later...

For the screen, I really want a 6" to be much closer to the N switch. 7" is too big for a portable console I think. And I can't find a 6" ready to use sadly :(

For the bluetooth controller, if I disasemble the "ipega spider" to connect it without bluetooth to the raspberry is it gonna work ? Or maybe you were talking about the "TV" controller ?

Thanks for the case tips too. You're right. But before printing, I want to have the screen at least and make "real" measurements to be sure.

I make a "blue print" of my project. The quality is bad but now I have a real idea of what I'm planning to do (the controller case will be glued to the console case) :
ok....
i was under the impression (my bad) you were looking to do a proper build (like the other member you mentioned, with a complete 3d printed case)

i think this is kinda of what your trying to achieve (or it will end up looking something like this)





good luck with what you go with.....



.

User avatar
ChadWardenn
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:43 am
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Pitendo switch : am I good ?

Post by ChadWardenn » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:48 am

In fact, it's a mix of both that I want to do. A box printed for the screen and put the outputs where I want but keep the controller plastic and PCB while connecting it to the raspberry with solders (without using bluetooth).
but i'm not sure at all on the screen and the controller board. Will they really work on the raspberry ?

User avatar
VeteranGamer
Posts: 1240
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:12 am
Location: London, UK
Has thanked: 339 times
Been thanked: 653 times

Re: Pitendo switch : am I good ?

Post by VeteranGamer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:01 am

ChadWardenn wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:48 am
In fact, it's a mix of both that I want to do. A box printed for the screen and put the outputs where I want but keep the controller plastic and PCB while connecting it to the raspberry with solders (without using bluetooth).
but i'm not sure at all on the screen and the controller board. Will they really work on the raspberry ?
ok....

good luck with the build, and let us know on your progesss

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 3 guests