Mod for GameBoy Color (GBC), Gameboy Advance (GBA), Gameboy Advance SP (GBASP)

Got an idea for a project? Found a cool project you want to share? Post it here!
Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Mod for GameBoy Color (GBC), Gameboy Advance (GBA), Gameboy Advance SP (GBASP)

Post by Helder » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:19 pm

Well here it is all finished up, nothing fancy except I did add a Mono speaker input and Speaker Output where the original speaker is for easy audio mounting. I'm going to order a 3 batch from OSHPark and if it's all good to go I'll post the buy links and anyone else who is doing the GBC mod that wants the other 2 boards of the 3 just send me a PM and I'll send you one free except you pay postage.

Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

tronicgr

Re: Mod for GameBoy Color (GBC), Gameboy Advance (GBA), Gameboy Advance SP (GBASP)

Post by tronicgr » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:03 pm

I just bumped on this screen while looking for 2.5 inch screens suitable for GBC...

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Dental-Super-Cam- ... nav=SEARCH

It says is 5v but the resolution is 558 × 234 (16:9 ??)

Do you think it's any good?

Edit* on second thought I could make a custom half GB and plug it on top... !!!!

Thanks
Thanos
Last edited by tronicgr on Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grenade44

Post by grenade44 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:33 am

Helder wrote:Well here it is all finished up, nothing fancy except I did add a Mono speaker input and Speaker Output where the original speaker is for easy audio mounting. I'm going to order a 3 batch from OSHPark and if it's all good to go I'll post the buy links and anyone else who is doing the GBC mod that wants the other 2 boards of the 3 just send me a PM and I'll send you one free except you pay postage.

That's looks great any chance of a Gameboy advance board?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:50 am

There is a good chance but I need a GBA to copy the boards dimensions and I don't have one. I'm doing a Gameboy Pocket too that DirtyBeagels is sending me.

I ended up going with another Manufacturer since OSHPark was expensive so I'll have 10 instead of 3 boards coming in.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:53 am

tronicgr wrote:Or perhaps steal the screen from this:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/8-Bit-Retro-2-5-C ... nav=SEARCH

What do you think? :lol:

Thanks
Thanos
Only problem is that it likely doesn't have a controller board like ones we see for cars that everyone is using but worth a shot.

Rod2D2

Post by Rod2D2 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:34 am

Helder wrote:There is a good chance but I need a GBA to copy the boards dimensions and I don't have one. I'm doing a Gameboy Pocket too that DirtyBeagels is sending me.

I ended up going with another Manufacturer since OSHPark was expensive so I'll have 10 instead of 3 boards coming in.
Nice job!! Any plans to add more buttons to the pcb in the future to make it playable for other systems?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:50 am

It's tight so not sure, I can add them but will people using this board plan to add more buttons? If so I can do something for it.

Rod2D2

Post by Rod2D2 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:55 am

Helder wrote:It's tight so not sure, I can add them but will people using this board plan to add more buttons? If so I can do something for it.
I guess it would depend on the orientation of the buttons. I'm sure no one will want it to cut into the Nintendo logo. It would have to be arranged differently this time around.

Rod2D2

Post by Rod2D2 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:10 am

On second thought you're right this build would be simpler with systems like gameboy, gameboy color, and nes so no need.