Wii U Gamepad zero/gamepi project thread

Got an idea for a project? Found a cool project you want to share? Post it here!
banjokazooie

Re: Wii U Gamepad zero/gamepi project thread

Post by banjokazooie » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:16 pm

jellypowered wrote:I'm currently acquiring parts to build this. :) Thanks for all the great info and pin outs. I'll post my own build thread once i start. Has anyone thought of making an all in one PCB for this lol.
AIO board in progress here, using original connectors from dead board, still awaiting for low profile 2.6mm pogo pins to deliver.

jellypowered

Post by jellypowered » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:16 pm

Ooo... Any teasers? pics? details?

banjokazooie

Post by banjokazooie » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:39 am

jellypowered wrote:Ooo... Any teasers? pics? details?
So far only eagle file, not much engineering work. Basically a powerboost, usb sound card, audio amplifier, on/off switch circuit, atmega32u4 controller and pogo pins for raspberry, lcd controller and all necessary connectors on one pcb. Only 2 wires from battery :D

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:35 pm

banjokazooie wrote:
So far only eagle file, not much engineering work. Basically a powerboost, usb sound card, audio amplifier, on/off switch circuit, atmega32u4 controller and pogo pins for raspberry, lcd controller and all necessary connectors on one pcb. Only 2 wires from battery :D
What are you using for the LCD controller?
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

jellypowered

Post by jellypowered » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:53 pm

banjokazooie wrote: So far only eagle file, not much engineering work. Basically a powerboost, usb sound card, audio amplifier, on/off switch circuit, atmega32u4 controller and pogo pins for raspberry, lcd controller and all necessary connectors on one pcb. Only 2 wires from battery :D
That's amazing. I know nothing of PCB design, but i'd love to see this go into production, I'd buy one, even if I had to do all the soldering myself.

Rpi-3?
How are you planning on dealing with the rpi 3's increased power demand, I read that it gets cranky if you don't have enough output, with the screen and everything drawing from a single source, i'd be concerned.

banjokazooie

Post by banjokazooie » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:47 am

Helder wrote:
banjokazooie wrote:
What are you using for the LCD controller?
I going to use same control board as in my first project http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261698079698? ... EBIDX%3AIT

codeman0624

Post by codeman0624 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:24 pm

banjokazooie wrote:
I going to use same control board as in my first project http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261698079698? ... EBIDX%3AIT
I've been doing some custom circuitry for my own version of this project. I did the schematic design and a reasonably compact layout for a 7.4v battery charger and power path selection. It includes a battery monitor ic and a cell balancer chip also, so it should be pretty robust.

I just ordered the pcb's, so it's untested as of yet, but if you're interested I can keep you up to date on how it's working. Might go well with your aio board, stepping down from 7.4v to 5v would potentially help improve battery life.

grenade44

Post by grenade44 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:53 am

Any updates on all in one board?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:27 pm

grenade44 wrote:Any updates on all in one board?
Researching some info on screens and driving them from the Pi itself but I never touched this project much since there seemed to be people working on it. I do have the proper parts and numbers for those analog stick connectors so there is no need to cut the wires like people have been doing.

If anyone who is working on a some kind of boards wants to work together or share ideas hit me up on Discord.

https://discord.gg/TBYCKMx
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

jiminyC

Post by jiminyC » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:16 pm

I joined this forum just to ask @kite if there would be an update on the simple controller for that display? I'd love pads to solider HDMI wires to rather than a fat plug but no mater what, a simpler and smaller controller board for that lcd from eBay would be awesome. Even the smaller of the two could be and thus should be smaller.

I just started this project and am quite franticly waiting on post from China.

My goal is to create a single board solution to this. A new motherboard for this case with a raspberry pi 3 (or Asus tinker board for a bit more ram) at its heart. It would also contain the ribbon and joystick connections as well that moves to a teensy. The charging loop will incorporate the original charging pads\power jack. The original audio switch will be used as well. I even want to reuse the display bracket that most models throw away. As stock as poosible. I'm willing to go as far as to hire an LDC controller board company to design a controller for both the original LDC and the touch interface that is also compatible with the raspberry pi 3\asus tinker board.

I'm using this as an opportunity to learn how to design a motherboard\PCB design. But I figure the first thing to do is to build it they way every one else has been for quite some time. I'll get fancy on my next one. Not a dime will be spared: I will have this perfection in my life.

Life can still be fun single at 33. *cough*not a midlife crisis*cough*