Ham Pi3 project

Got an idea for a project? Found a cool project you want to share? Post it here!
CPLSeraphim

Ham Pi3 project

Post by CPLSeraphim » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:21 pm

I love the retropie, and have made the Full size arcade with 2 player joysticks and arcade buttons with a 32" tv, I have made the console, and learned how to mount a hdd to it, well, to retropie 4.1 anyway. One of my other hobbies is Ham Radio. There are a lot of crossovers where the low power useage of a RPi3 along with it's capabilities allow a very convenient and useful computer for an Emcomm box (Emergency Communications.) I would be lying if I said my RPI3 is running berryboot for any other reason then to have retropie on it as well. Anyways, as I come along on my project, I will be updating. It's not so much a project like the GBZ or MintyPi, as I am using a case designed for the 7" touchscreen and RPi3. This is more a project on the software side, and for a more varied use of the RPi3. Build starting after Christmas since a lot of the parts made for easy Christmas shopping for my wife. lol.

wermy
Site Admin

Re: Ham Pi3 project

Post by wermy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:44 am

Nice, excited to see what you make! I don't use it much (haven't in years) but I still have my general-class license. :)
ImageImageImageImage

CPLSeraphim

Re: Ham Pi3 project

Post by CPLSeraphim » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:16 pm

Thanks Wermy. I'm an extra and ARRL VE. I'll be posting up here what I'm doing (here will be based on the pi, another board more on the radio and antenna side of things.)
EDIT: One additionally interesting use is as follows:
http://clearskyinstitute.com/ham/HamClo ... mClock.pdf
This is an article from the OCT 2017 QST magazine.

Just thought it was worth mentioning. Along with the outernet capabilities, and so many others, the RPi3 is far more capable then I think a lot of us are truly aware. (At least more then I was when I got my first.)