Handheld Game Streaming Project

Got an idea for a project? Found a cool project you want to share? Post it here!
Nadaso8

Handheld Game Streaming Project

Post by Nadaso8 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:33 pm

I've been working on this using moonlight embedded for a while and got a prototype that worked using a raspberry pi, but I'd like to take things a step further and add integrated controls into a clam shell design. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for integrating an xbox style controller into the case.

I can't use Gpio on the Pi because it's currently being used for the screen. So right now I'm looking at using an old xbox 360 controller PCB and wiring it into the usb port of a pi 3, but that would take up valuable space in the lower half of the case on components that i'll never use like the ones for the rumble motors. Cutting these off the board was the best option I could think of I just don't know how the board is laid out and don't want to brick the controller if I don't have to.

Thanks to anyone who reads this
Ps. Sorry if this doesn't belong here I just joined and didn't see another section that fit the topic better.
Attachments
IMG_1136.JPG
Early Prototype
IMG_1136.JPG (1.15 MiB) Viewed 2267 times

wermy
Site Admin

Re: Handheld Game Streaming Project

Post by wermy » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:46 pm

Nice, thanks for sharing! :) First thing that comes to mind is the nvidia shield portable: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shield_Portable
Maybe you could do something similar to that, with a shell/grip sort of thing that the controller would slide into?
ImageImageImageImage

Nadaso8

Re: Handheld Game Streaming Project

Post by Nadaso8 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:33 pm

Thanks for the input!
I'll probably do a redesign of the rails and clips that were used in this version. They were fairly similar to what it sounds like you were talking about and I think that I can make it small er and more elegant the second time around. Plus I don't risk bricking one of my controllers.