Wii-U & MAH

Got an idea for a project? Found a cool project you want to share? Post it here!
Post Reply
User avatar
EVE-TECH
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:21 pm
Location: FLORIDA
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Wii-U & MAH

Post by EVE-TECH » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:06 pm

I’ve seen a few Wii U build in here some of them lack battery capacity except for bankove. I'm sorry in advance if I spelled your name wrong, some are hack in half and some are descent. Inside the Wii there is a lot of wasted space I managed to fit two 6000 MAH batteries real capacity test was around 5200 so I’ll say 10000MAH. I use the famous 800x400 6.5 LCD screen pretty descent with good viewing angles but unfortunately the HDMI driver board that comes with it power consumption is very high so I look up the data sheet and it happen to match the official raspberry pi 7 LCD screen , so in that case I used that driver board which give me back light control and smaller footprint. Thanks to Helder super duper awesome RPS man that thing is a beast love it, for the buttons I used a pro micro and for sound I2S volume wheel headphone jack all original charging ports top and bottom easy access to the SD card didn’t want to cut the case so I located a USB in the back.
Attachments
E65BFAEA-BBDA-400E-A282-2EA6C0210C37.jpeg
E65BFAEA-BBDA-400E-A282-2EA6C0210C37.jpeg (2.37 MiB) Viewed 288 times
7708819A-A9A3-4531-B454-602F373689C6.jpeg
7708819A-A9A3-4531-B454-602F373689C6.jpeg (2.78 MiB) Viewed 288 times
2896326A-2CA2-424A-99B4-B50DC2CECA22.jpeg
2896326A-2CA2-424A-99B4-B50DC2CECA22.jpeg (2.11 MiB) Viewed 288 times
ADAC9341-05E9-4F13-AF34-5971A148DE17.jpeg
ADAC9341-05E9-4F13-AF34-5971A148DE17.jpeg (2.02 MiB) Viewed 288 times
9172A471-30C9-4C99-B409-42E27C09C7B0.jpeg
9172A471-30C9-4C99-B409-42E27C09C7B0.jpeg (1.96 MiB) Viewed 288 times
4F675FC1-A565-4780-8D1F-EC46E26508FF.jpeg
4F675FC1-A565-4780-8D1F-EC46E26508FF.jpeg (2.56 MiB) Viewed 288 times
ACF21D5A-BDFC-4063-9931-603CDB6E3006.jpeg
ACF21D5A-BDFC-4063-9931-603CDB6E3006.jpeg (2.3 MiB) Viewed 288 times
E491DBFB-F5BA-4B68-AFB0-0087157D7D3D.jpeg
E491DBFB-F5BA-4B68-AFB0-0087157D7D3D.jpeg (2.72 MiB) Viewed 288 times
63658DC2-5EA6-4867-BE59-EC6EF08FBCA2.jpeg
63658DC2-5EA6-4867-BE59-EC6EF08FBCA2.jpeg (3.72 MiB) Viewed 288 times
833BBF78-DE7F-4CAD-9206-0D5E68A2B099.jpeg
833BBF78-DE7F-4CAD-9206-0D5E68A2B099.jpeg (3.66 MiB) Viewed 288 times
Last edited by EVE-TECH on Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
EVE-TECH
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:21 pm
Location: FLORIDA
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Wii-U & MHA

Post by EVE-TECH » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:12 pm

Cut out all the plastic and was able to fit it all
Attachments
7B2EE068-57FB-4066-B5D0-F7996FD43375.jpeg
7B2EE068-57FB-4066-B5D0-F7996FD43375.jpeg (1.63 MiB) Viewed 286 times
7906CE94-DD6C-4B91-B91D-BB5D05F381F3.jpeg
7906CE94-DD6C-4B91-B91D-BB5D05F381F3.jpeg (1.73 MiB) Viewed 286 times
2D0C1A6D-00B1-462B-BF0A-D204A08BE9E6.jpeg
2D0C1A6D-00B1-462B-BF0A-D204A08BE9E6.jpeg (2.41 MiB) Viewed 286 times
4438F8B8-70A5-4112-A87F-CC28DE5568C9.jpeg
4438F8B8-70A5-4112-A87F-CC28DE5568C9.jpeg (1.98 MiB) Viewed 286 times
3A6A9D8E-5E49-44A7-A4D4-DD3987185646.jpeg
3A6A9D8E-5E49-44A7-A4D4-DD3987185646.jpeg (3.02 MiB) Viewed 286 times

User avatar
VeteranGamer
Posts: 1334
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:12 am
Location: London, UK
Has thanked: 392 times
Been thanked: 701 times

Re: Wii-U & MAH

Post by VeteranGamer » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:53 am

EVE-TECH wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:06 pm
I’ve seen a few Wii U build in here some of them lack battery capacity except for bankove.I’m sorry in advance if I spelled your name wrong, some are hack in half and some are descent. Inside the Wii there is a lot of wasted space I managed to fit two 6000 mah batteries real capacity test was around 5200 so I’ll say 10000MAH. I use the famous 800x400 6.2 lcd screen pretty descent with good viewing angles but unfortunately the HDMI driver board that comes with it power consumption is very high so I look up the data sheet and it happen to match the official raspberry pi 7 lcd screen , so in that case I used that driver board wchich give me backlight control and smaller footprint. Thanks to Helder super duper awesome RPS man that thing is a beast love it, for the buttons I used a pro micro and for sound I2S volume wheel headphone jack all original charging ports top and bottom easy acces to the SD card didn’t want to cut the case so I located a usb in the back.
nice work....
you've beaten me to it, i was also planning on using Helder board for my Wii U build...
and was also looking to use a lipo

this was the one i was planning on using....
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-7v-60 ... 3c007bYqW7


but i like your idea of having one either side especially for the capacity
(any links)



also can you provide any images of how you have the screen and the alternative driver board

and is it a 6.2" screen (exactly like the Wii U) or is it the 6.5" screen like used by BanjoKazooie


also with the pro micro, do you have the same functionality as BanjoKazooie build (ie: the Home Button etc, etc)



thanks....



.

User avatar
EVE-TECH
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:21 pm
Location: FLORIDA
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Wii-U & MAH

Post by EVE-TECH » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:22 am

for the battery https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-7V-6000mAh-l ... %7Ciid%3A1

sorry i meant to say the 6.5 for some reason my teensy wasn't cooperating with me, so i had couple pro micros laying around. That functionality would be on my next build
Attachments
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg (316.4 KiB) Viewed 258 times
Display-board.jpg
Display-board.jpg (439.61 KiB) Viewed 258 times

User avatar
EVE-TECH
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:21 pm
Location: FLORIDA
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Wii-U & MAH

Post by EVE-TECH » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:28 am

same 50pins everything match and way better pictures quality with back-light controls
Attachments
raspberry-pi-7-inch-touchscreen-display-08.jpg
raspberry-pi-7-inch-touchscreen-display-08.jpg (73.09 KiB) Viewed 258 times

User avatar
VeteranGamer
Posts: 1334
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:12 am
Location: London, UK
Has thanked: 392 times
Been thanked: 701 times

Re: Wii-U & MAH

Post by VeteranGamer » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:17 pm

EVE-TECH wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:28 am
same 50pins everything match and way better pictures quality with back-light controls
thanks.....

did you buy the two as complete kits and then put them together
(6.5" LCD with board/7" RPi screen with board)

or did you buy the parts you used individually
(6.5" LCD & 7" Board)

any links for those....


thanks...



.

User avatar
EVE-TECH
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:21 pm
Location: FLORIDA
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Wii-U & MAH

Post by EVE-TECH » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:25 am

VeteranGamer wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:17 pm
EVE-TECH wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:28 am
same 50pins everything match and way better pictures quality with back-light controls
thanks.....

did you buy the two as complete kits and then put them together
(6.5" LCD with board/7" RPi screen with board)

or did you buy the parts you used individually
(6.5" LCD & 7" Board)

any links for those....


thanks...



.
I’ve had a couples of the official raspberry pi 7 screens laying around that I use for other projects around the shop that I bought long time ago, unfortunately I don’t think they sold the boards just by it self here’s the link for the 6.5 https://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-LCD-Contr ... %7Ciid%3A1. And if some how you manage to get your hand on the official raspberry board, here’s the screen by it self. https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-5-Innolux-AT ... %7Ciid%3A1

User avatar
VeteranGamer
Posts: 1334
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:12 am
Location: London, UK
Has thanked: 392 times
Been thanked: 701 times

Re: Wii-U & MAH

Post by VeteranGamer » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:05 pm

EVE-TECH wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:25 am

I’ve had a couples of the official raspberry pi 7 screens laying around that I use for other projects around the shop that I bought long time ago, unfortunately I don’t think they sold the boards just by it self here’s the link for the 6.5 https://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-LCD-Contr ... %7Ciid%3A1. And if some how you manage to get your hand on the official raspberry board, here’s the screen by it self. https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-5-Innolux-AT ... %7Ciid%3A1

thanks....

the link for the screen on its own may be useful....

but i dont have one of those 7" screens to use, and buying one doesnt seem like a viable option as it costs a bit in the UK
(better off buying the 2K IPS screen Banjkazooie used in the Intel M5 build, as that costs the same as a RPi screen/board)
(unless someone ends up selling a damaged screen with a board on eBay)


it would be interesting to know what the power consumption difference is, especially as both (6.5" & RPi) screen/boards are meant to run off 5V




.

User avatar
EVE-TECH
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:21 pm
Location: FLORIDA
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Wii-U & MAH

Post by EVE-TECH » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:22 pm

VeteranGamer wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:05 pm
EVE-TECH wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:25 am

I’ve had a couples of the official raspberry pi 7 screens laying around that I use for other projects around the shop that I bought long time ago, unfortunately I don’t think they sold the boards just by it self here’s the link for the 6.5 https://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-LCD-Contr ... %7Ciid%3A1. And if some how you manage to get your hand on the official raspberry board, here’s the screen by it self. https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-5-Innolux-AT ... %7Ciid%3A1

thanks....

the link for the screen on its own may be useful....

but i dont have one of those 7" screens to use, and buying one doesnt seem like a viable option as it costs a bit in the UK
(better off buying the 2K IPS screen Banjkazooie used in the Intel M5 build, as that costs the same as a RPi screen/board)
(unless someone ends up selling a damaged screen with a board on eBay)


it would be interesting to know what the power consumption difference is, especially as both (6.5" & RPi) screen/boards are meant to run off 5V




.
The 6.5 with its own board was drawing close to 800MA, it have two linear voltage regulators one is 1.8v that waste about 300mw and the second one 3.3v @ 200mw. Linear regulators are quite inefficient would be best if it was a switching regulator. Now with the official pi board the whole thing draw close to 400MA.
The 2K ips screen is another very good alternative I have one from Topfoison industry very small form factor with plenty of room left inside the case
Attachments
05F11122-84A9-4FA8-A661-9BC476159731.jpeg
05F11122-84A9-4FA8-A661-9BC476159731.jpeg (1.4 MiB) Viewed 194 times

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest