Gaboze Pocaio Freezing

Got an idea for a project? Found a cool project you want to share? Post it here!
marcogll

Gaboze Pocaio Freezing

Post by marcogll » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:29 am

Hello all, to be honest I don't know if this was already posted, if so, I'm sorry...

I've been working with the assembly of my Gaboze Pocaio, it works, i'm just waiting for a new case to arrive, the problem that I'm getting is that after a while of use 10 minutes tops, the system froze, I already check my soldering and its good for a newbie according to the electronic engineer of my workplace, so that point is kinda covered.

Also I tried burning the image again in a fresh SD card but i'm still getting the issue, is there something that I'm missing? what can I do to fix this issue?

I was thinking about adding a small piece of copper to help with the heat management but the clearance is to small between the boar and the battery that the heat worries me. :(

I'll appreciate your help a lot.

Regards

wermy
Site Admin

Re: Gaboze Pocaio Freezing

Post by wermy » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:13 am

You could try running it outside of the case with a fan blowing on it to rule out heat.

Another thing to try would be lowering the speed of the screen, though I'm not sure where that's defined: could be in /boot/config.txt if it's using an overlay, or maybe in /etc/modprobe.d/fbtft.conf - you may want to reach out to Eugene for that.

But anyway, the speed setting for an SPI screen is usually set higher than they are intended to actually work in an effort to squeeze every last fps out of it that you can. Sometimes that goes beyond what some individual screens can handle. Sort of like overclocking a CPU.
ImageImageImageImage