projet mh

Got an idea for a project? Found a cool project you want to share? Post it here!
9tictacy

projet mh

Post by 9tictacy » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:30 pm

project mh has to do with going portable to on TV screen like the Nintendo switch this will be done with a mobile setup like the mintypi 3.0 that has a SD card that will easily transferable the TV setup will have to do with HDMI that will have the same SD card slot so the card will be transferable between the two console setups

Other notes
the save data will be held in SD card so it will be able to transfer save from one handheld to another same goes for TV mode
the mobile version though being similar to mintypi will be bigger
it will run with retropi

that's all the news I have for now

Warzone1320

Re: projet mh

Post by Warzone1320 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:19 pm

Sounds interesting. Keep us updated!

9tictacy

update: projet mh

Post by 9tictacy » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:40 pm

update

this video shows how to turn a controller to a console I like this idea and might make a custom controller for the SD card mobility this controller would obviously need a long wires (ac adapter & HDMI) so in the custom controller I might have this as an extension in the kit or built in that would be a wireless HDMI transmitter this would shorten the length of HDMI wire if anyone has a link to a thing i could use to fix the long ac adapter that would be nice
https://www.amazon.com/Nyrius-Transmitt ... d+receiver

Hellweaver666

Post by Hellweaver666 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:41 am

I did the "Pi Zero in a SNES" controller thing as a gift for a friend last year. It's pretty easy (and you can do it in a standard controller without the 3d printed parts if you're comfortable with soldering, dremmeling and hot glue :)

In mine, I had the Pi Zero placed so I could run a mini HDMI to female HDMI cable out where the USB cable normally comes out, then I soldered the USB wires directly to the Pi for the controller board and added a lipo battery and powerboost charging board so that it can be played with just a single wire going to the TV if you want (also because it has bluetooth onboard you can pair a second controller for two player shenanigans). I had to remove a lot of posts and things on the insides to make room but it went pretty straightforward.

(PS, for all you insanely talented PCB designers out there, I reckon there's a market for an "all in one board" for converting a SNES controller into a portable retro console!)

Hellweaver666

Post by Hellweaver666 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:43 am

Quick update: this was the tutorial I followed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5dXx0NhLxg