Waveshare Game HAT - replace buttons and joystick

Got an idea for a project? Found a cool project you want to share? Post it here!
alf67

Re: Waveshare Game HAT - replace buttons and joystick

Post by alf67 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:38 am

Ah yes, this makes sense! Thank you very much! I already supposed to be like that, but was a little irritated, as you have other colors of the caps on the pic of this beautiful black case on the stl download page. I have just two blue, two green and one white and one red button.

thanks a lot!

Waiting for the adafruit delivery now - they will take their shipping time from US, I guess.

3D print is ready to be instructed.

all the best!

Alf

PS: One more thing - as I saw, you have added air openings on the top - does that fit the needs of the cooling of a 3b+ under intense usage? Cause these guys tend to get a little warm with time, which result in annoying throttle.

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:59 am

alf67 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:38 am
Ah yes, this makes sense! Thank you very much! I already supposed to be like that, but was a little irritated, as you have other colors of the caps on the pic of this beautiful black case on the stl download page. I have just two blue, two green and one white and one red button.

thanks a lot!

Waiting for the adafruit delivery now - they will take their shipping time from US, I guess.

3D print is ready to be instructed.

all the best!

Alf

PS: One more thing - as I saw, you have added air openings on the top - does that fit the needs of the cooling of a 3b+ under intense usage? Cause these guys tend to get a little warm with time, which result in annoying throttle.
I had a variety of colors of extra caps so I used the color combination that worked for me. You can buy them cheap as they are standard 12mm tact caps but of course it is not necessary if your ok with the colors the game hat comes with.

I just used a copper heat sink and it hasn’t been an issue. The glass transition temperature of petg is around 100 C. I made mine out of PLA which has a lower glass transition temperature and haven’t had any problems.

alf67

Post by alf67 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:09 am

I will go with greentec, which is based on lignine, guaranteed up to 115 degrees C, based on producer classification. Beneath that temps, the chip on the raspberry will already start to go up in flames :D

greetings,
Alf

PS: The color combination of your case is just classy, very beautiful, compliments!

bircoe

Post by bircoe » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:53 am

Just thought I'd share a pic of something I'm working on at the moment.