WII U Intel m5 Console

Want to show off your own project? Want to keep a build log of it? Post it here!
drdo
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:48 pm

Re: WII U Intel m5 Console

Post by drdo » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:14 pm

banjokazooie wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:46 pm
drdo wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:39 am
hi banjo! thanks to you, I almost complete my project. But there is only one problem.

How can I turn on intel compute stick with wiiu pad's power button? I cant understand how to use pololu power button to turn my compute stick.

Please help me banjo!
You need to set up bios on compustick to auto power up when voltage is supplied when you press the button attached to pololu. ;)
Ah! That's what I realy need to know.
In case of raspberry pi, I found some kind of cord is need to turn on pi, but I couldnt find what to do with intel compute stick

Thanks banjo!

User avatar
wer573982
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:25 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: WII U Intel m5 Console

Post by wer573982 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:46 pm

@ banjokazooie HI! Have you tried to modify the TDP for better performance? Trying Intel® XTU does not unlock higher power consumption.

User avatar
banjokazooie
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 1:14 pm
Been thanked: 133 times

Re: WII U Intel m5 Console

Post by banjokazooie » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:04 am

wer573982 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:46 pm
@ banjokazooie HI! Have you tried to modify the TDP for better performance? Trying Intel® XTU does not unlock higher power consumption.
What will be the point for higher TDP if you cannot keep the stick under 80 degrees. My second version of cooling solution with a massive aluminum heatsink and two fans could barely keep the stick under 75 in a room witch ambient temperature of 30 degrees in the summer. :o
There is just no way you can maintain a reasonable temperature under full load with case closed. :cry:

User avatar
wer573982
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:25 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: WII U Intel m5 Console

Post by wer573982 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:17 am

banjokazooie wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:04 am
wer573982 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:46 pm
@ banjokazooie HI! Have you tried to modify the TDP for better performance? Trying Intel® XTU does not unlock higher power consumption.
What will be the point for higher TDP if you cannot keep the stick under 80 degrees. My second version of cooling solution with a massive aluminum heatsink and two fans could barely keep the stick under 75 in a room witch ambient temperature of 30 degrees in the summer. :o
There is just no way you can maintain a reasonable temperature under full load with case closed. :cry:
12-2.jpg
12-2.jpg (439.63 KiB) Viewed 1809 times
This is a better thermal solution, testing room temperature 30 ° C, full load 7W stable below 64 ° C. Update Stick The latest BIOS still cannot find the TDP settings option. :(
If you have a better way then it’s better. :)

User avatar
banjokazooie
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 1:14 pm
Been thanked: 133 times

Re: WII U Intel m5 Console

Post by banjokazooie » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:05 pm

wer573982 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:17 am
banjokazooie wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:04 am
wer573982 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:46 pm
@ banjokazooie HI! Have you tried to modify the TDP for better performance? Trying Intel® XTU does not unlock higher power consumption.
What will be the point for higher TDP if you cannot keep the stick under 80 degrees. My second version of cooling solution with a massive aluminum heatsink and two fans could barely keep the stick under 75 in a room witch ambient temperature of 30 degrees in the summer. :o
There is just no way you can maintain a reasonable temperature under full load with case closed. :cry:
12-2.jpg
This is a better thermal solution, testing room temperature 30 ° C, full load 7W stable below 64 ° C. Update Stick The latest BIOS still cannot find the TDP settings option. :(
If you have a better way then it’s better. :)
I dont get it. this mock up of some fans and heatsink? not a real photo. A 7mm alu heatsink over whole compute stick with two fans in a closed case with almost silent fan speed cannot keep it under 64. :(

User avatar
wer573982
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:25 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: WII U Intel m5 Console

Post by wer573982 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:09 pm

banjokazooie wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:05 pm
wer573982 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:17 am
banjokazooie wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:04 am


What will be the point for higher TDP if you cannot keep the stick under 80 degrees. My second version of cooling solution with a massive aluminum heatsink and two fans could barely keep the stick under 75 in a room witch ambient temperature of 30 degrees in the summer. :o
There is just no way you can maintain a reasonable temperature under full load with case closed. :cry:
12-2.jpg
This is a better thermal solution, testing room temperature 30 ° C, full load 7W stable below 64 ° C. Update Stick The latest BIOS still cannot find the TDP settings option. :(
If you have a better way then it’s better. :)
I dont get it. this mock up of some fans and heatsink? not a real photo. A 7mm alu heatsink over whole compute stick with two fans in a closed case with almost silent fan speed cannot keep it under 64. :(
Sorry, I only changed your picture yesterday for convenience. :(
Actually used BFB0405HP 3.7x3.5x7mm fan *2, heat-dissipating copper through low-temperature tin welding, the actual operation is stable 62.
--------------------------------------------
3D attachment :)
Heat dissipation.zip
(4.84 MiB) Downloaded 24 times
--------------------------------------------
未标题-1.jpg
未标题-1.jpg (270.45 KiB) Viewed 1770 times
900834261627147727.jpg
900834261627147727.jpg (160.63 KiB) Viewed 1770 times

User avatar
wer573982
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:25 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: WII U Intel m5 Console

Post by wer573982 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:15 pm

banjokazooie wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:05 pm
wer573982 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:17 am
banjokazooie wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:04 am


What will be the point for higher TDP if you cannot keep the stick under 80 degrees. My second version of cooling solution with a massive aluminum heatsink and two fans could barely keep the stick under 75 in a room witch ambient temperature of 30 degrees in the summer. :o
There is just no way you can maintain a reasonable temperature under full load with case closed. :cry:
12-2.jpg
This is a better thermal solution, testing room temperature 30 ° C, full load 7W stable below 64 ° C. Update Stick The latest BIOS still cannot find the TDP settings option. :(
If you have a better way then it’s better. :)
I dont get it. this mock up of some fans and heatsink? not a real photo. A 7mm alu heatsink over whole compute stick with two fans in a closed case with almost silent fan speed cannot keep it under 64. :(
BFB0405HP size is 37x35x7

pais83
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:37 pm
Location: Spain
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: WII U Intel m5 Console

Post by pais83 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:24 am

Thanks for this post Banjo, I have learned a lot reading your comments. I'm trying to replicate this project with a Core m3 in a Nintendo switch shell and this post is like gold for me.

BenjaminLSR
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:33 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: WII U Intel m5 Console

Post by BenjaminLSR » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:43 am

pais83 wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:24 am
Thanks for this post Banjo, I have learned a lot reading your comments. I'm trying to replicate this project with a Core m3 in a Nintendo switch shell and this post is like gold for me.
Keep us posted here.

drdo
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:48 pm

Re: WII U Intel m5 Console

Post by drdo » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:49 am

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

I almost completed my project. Thanks, Banjo!
I used core M3 model, and XTU program so I don`t have thermal problem....I think
My only problem is battery. I used 3000mah, 7.4V Lipo battery. And Its battery time is too short.
I am founding other battery fit in my wiiu pad.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests