WII U Intel m5 Console

Want to show off your own project? Want to keep a build log of it? Post it here!

dra_phantom

Re: WII U Intel m5 Console

Post by dra_phantom » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:05 am

banjokazooie wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 4:16 am
xouliox wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 6:36 am
@banjokazooie thanks
Why did you here used a teensy 2.0 ++ and in your rp project a teensy 2.0 ? Whats the difference?

will the "teensy based controller" in windows/ steam games recognized as xbox 360 controller?
Teensy 2++ has 48 IO ports and I needed some extra for RGB leds and battery monitoring.
In windows it is recognized as usb joystick/gamepad and you can install the xbox360 drivers for it.
Hi, How were you able to do the battery monitoring

CarbonCreator

Post by CarbonCreator » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:01 am

Great build, I wonder where else you can find something like this?

darkmore

Post by darkmore » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:31 am

Hi,
I'm still working on this project, but with a custom case not using a wiiu controller case.
And I got stuck in the very beginning at the powersupply...

Setup:
I have 9V for charging, TP5100 charger (shortened the circuit for 8.4V charging), BMS panel connected 4x18650 batteries, 2 in parallel, 2 in series, charging is fine, batteries are connected OK, I have 7.38V with this, which goes into a voltage regulator stepdown to 5V (I have a switch before the step down, but I do not have the populo 2813 board...). I connect the 5V to a cheap intel atom compute stick. The stick boots up, windows starts to load, but the stick switches off before the user profil could be displayed.
I have tried 4 different voltage regulators, all produce the same result.

Am I missing a quality voltage regulator (like the populo 2865), or the populo big pushbutton powerswitch board is needed?
Sorry I only got elementary physics knowledge.

darkmore

Post by darkmore » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:08 am

Someone contacted me via email and had some tips to solve the problem. Thank you! :)
I had a cheap cable+microUSB connector going from the voltage regulator to the compute stick and it was just not enough to get through the needed amp, so I made my custom micro USB male port with proper wire and it works, did some stresstest with insane settings (all 4 cores put in constant boost with Throttlestop and run DeadSpace 1 on 1080p max settings), now I can order my LCD+driverboard.

If all goes well I will switch to an M3 computing stick, that will play 90% of my gog+steam library! :lol: