WII U RASPBERRY PI 3 FINISHED

Want to show off your own project? Want to keep a build log of it? Post it here!
Flying_Lizard

Re: WII U RASPBERRY PI 3 FINISHED

Post by Flying_Lizard » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:44 pm

jimathy666 wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:16 pm
Hm, how many pins should be on the Potentiometer and Jack Port? Because I think I did a stupid and ordered a 3 pin potentiometer and a 5 pin a jack port
3 pin 3.5mm jack and a 5 pot (L/R in, common and L/R out) I got mine out of a in-line headphone volume control

Noxta

Post by Noxta » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:59 pm

I've been looking at the forum a lot to get ideas on how to do it.

the truth and correct me if I'm wrong, I prefer to use a battery system in parallel and using psu retro since it allows monoterizar the battery by the screen and saving a lot of cable in the configuration. Put it in parallel is to have more capacity and to last longer the battery, I would use 2 panasonic 18650 batteries.

The thing is if retro psu gives the sufficient power to maintain everything. The screen, raspberry and what is connected by USB to the pi.

If you can give me an answer I would really appreciate it.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:08 am

Noxta wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:59 pm
I've been looking at the forum a lot to get ideas on how to do it.

the truth and correct me if I'm wrong, I prefer to use a battery system in parallel and using psu retro since it allows monoterizar the battery by the screen and saving a lot of cable in the configuration. Put it in parallel is to have more capacity and to last longer the battery, I would use 2 panasonic 18650 batteries.

The thing is if retro psu gives the sufficient power to maintain everything. The screen, raspberry and what is connected by USB to the pi.

If you can give me an answer I would really appreciate it.
Yes it does.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Noxta

Post by Noxta » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:48 am

thank you very much helder

djobbydjobba

Post by djobbydjobba » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:21 pm

Hello. To begin with, thank you everyone for so many good ideas. I'm nearly at the end of this project too. It's interesting to see there are many different ways to achieve it in terms of components and layout. Desoldering both usb ports and lan port being a pain in the ass, I managed to keep them and fit them in just perfectly. I'll post pictures when everything's done. In the end it's very convenient. Thank you Helder for your psu ! Do you plan to change the charging microprocessor to a 2A or more in a near future ? Can't wait for the Raspberry pi 4 to come out ! Hope they will keep the form factor though, to upgrade.

Edit: has anyone tried to use the original slide pot ? I can't figure out how to wire it, if it is even feasable...
And about the teensy : I used a bit of code here and there and it's working perfectly. My home button acts as a shift key to switch between modes and I was wondering if someone knows how to control volume from this function ? Like pressing home+dpad up for volume up and home+dpad down for...volume down 😁 what would be the code ? (For info using the jack output not dac or hdmi sound).

Thanks

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:35 pm

I do plan to increase the charge rate in the future builds and change the port to a USB-C port.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Noxta

Post by Noxta » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:32 am

veteran, you could pass a diagram of how you have the teensy wired and the code you used.

I'm getting the components you use. It seems to me the best way.

I have some doubt about what cables to buy to connect everything. And if you advise me some soldering iron that is good for this project and other components such as tin and solder paste that you used. I'm a bit of a beginner in this whole subject.

and what cable hdmi do I use?

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:43 am

Noxta wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:32 am
veteran, you could pass a diagram of how you have the teensy wired and the code you used.

I'm getting the components you use. It seems to me the best way.

I have some doubt about what cables to buy to connect everything. And if you advise me some soldering iron that is good for this project and other components such as tin and solder paste that you used. I'm a bit of a beginner in this whole subject.

and what cable hdmi do I use?

I would highly recommend that you have a good read/look through this whole post
as some of the things you've asked for are already well documented here.....
(especially as you call yourself a "bit of a beginner")

The build is pretty much copied to that which Banjokazooie has done (his is the Gold Standard)

code & diagram
https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic ... 420#p67999

parts list
https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic ... 607#p17667

wires used by me
data & control
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30AWG-Insula ... -AB9ibPnKA

power
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JST-Plug-and ... 2749.l2649

when it comes to which type of soldering iron....
this is something you may need to research yourself (especially as this is also very budget specific)

I actually use a very cheap/basic soldering iron
not because of its low cost, but that I can especially pack it away in a storage box (i don't have a work station)
and i'm confident in my soldering NOT to butcher anything up when using it

as well as a soldering iron....
you will also need
a rotary tool (similar to a dremel)
a decent multi meter
some kind of helping hands for when soldering or testing

But not to put you off.....
I must warn you....
this isn't the most technical of builds.....
but you do need some level of experience in this build.....
(especially as the cost of the parts does rack up)

Noxta

Post by Noxta » Thu May 09, 2019 4:57 pm

How should I buy?

Do I have to choose a version or does the base work well?
Attachments
placa.png
placa.png (31.69 KiB) Viewed 5477 times

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu May 09, 2019 4:59 pm

The regular board should work fine, not sure the 0.8mm thickness is required here but I doubt it.