WII U RASPBERRY PI 3 FINISHED

Want to show off your own project? Want to keep a build log of it? Post it here!
BlueWeaselBreath

Re: WII U RASPBERRY PI 3 FINISHED

Post by BlueWeaselBreath » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:32 am

BanjoKazooie (or anyone else really clever), I am wondering why you decided to go with the unprotected Li-Ion cells as opposed to the ones that come with the built-in protection. I was thinking getting protected Li-Ion cells would mean I don’t need the separate protection board in the circuit and would save space inside the unit, but maybe these protected cells come with a decremented capacity or some other drawback?

px400

Post by px400 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:44 am

BlueWeaselBreath wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:32 am
BanjoKazooie (or anyone else really clever), I am wondering why you decided to go with the unprotected Li-Ion cells as opposed to the ones that come with the built-in protection. I was thinking getting protected Li-Ion cells would mean I don’t need the separate protection board in the circuit and would save space inside the unit, but maybe these protected cells come with a decremented capacity or some other drawback?
I read somewhere that some of the tp4056 have internal battery protection but I'm not 100% sure about this information. Instead, I've ordered some circuit board for 18650 laptop battery just to be safe. Regarded the drawback I believe it would be very small if compare with screen and other circuits inside the project.

BlueWeaselBreath

Post by BlueWeaselBreath » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:58 am

px400 wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:44 am
I read somewhere that some of the tp4056 have internal battery protection but I'm not 100% sure about this information. Instead, I've ordered some circuit board for 18650 laptop battery just to be safe. Regarded the drawback I believe it would be very small if compare with screen and other circuits inside the project.
You’re correct about some TP4056 units having built-in protection! And sure, that would save space. Still, I wonder why not don’t I just get a couple of protected cells, for safety’s sake? They don’t seem too much more expensive than the unprotected.

px400

Post by px400 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:30 am

BlueWeaselBreath wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:58 am
px400 wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:44 am
You’re correct about some TP4056 units having built-in protection! And sure, that would save space. Still, I wonder why not don’t I just get a couple of protected cells, for safety’s sake? They don’t seem too much more expensive than the unprotected.
That's how I'm doing. I will have the tp4056 to charge and just order as well some separated 18650 protection board. As soon ir arrive I will test to see how much will draing with hdmi screen, usb sound. I hope will be alright.

xouliox

Post by xouliox » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:08 am

Regarding teensy wiring

The 3 common grounds from the left and right flat cable are they going to the brown gnd on the teensy picture or the black gnd ?

banjokazooie

Post by banjokazooie » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:30 am

xouliox wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:08 am
Regarding teensy wiring

The 3 common grounds from the left and right flat cable are they going to the brown gnd on the teensy picture or the black gnd ?
I does not matter, GND is a common ground so it is tied together.

xouliox

Post by xouliox » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:58 pm

Right site is working now, but the 6 buttons on the left not. From the 4 ground wires on the left only one need to be soldered to the ground on teensy right ?

xouliox

Post by xouliox » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:07 pm

I think the left is broken.. i doublechecked the wire and also used a new fpc. No reaction when i push a button left. When i put the ground wire to the the button wires on the fpc i recieve an correct input in the arduino program... strange...

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:11 pm

banjokazooie wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:38 am
ShadowFax wrote:I suppose the housing came from a working/damaged wii u instead of the third party shell?
An original shell with complete button set was used.
apologies if this has been asked before....
(I've looked through the whole post, but could have missed it)

i'm in the process of building one of these....
(for me personally it the best build on the site, by a country mile)

you've got a board that supports most of the components....

im assuming that's something you made yourself.....

if you wouldn't mind giving the heads up on what you made it out of....
(i would like to do something similar)

thanks....

KonnorJ

Post by KonnorJ » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:32 pm

Looking back through the comments he mentions he keeps the button PCB of the wiiu gamepad, maybe that is the brown material? Although the white part looks like it contains the flex for the button pads...