WII U RASPBERRY PI 3 FINISHED

Want to show off your own project? Want to keep a build log of it? Post it here!
banjokazooie

Re: WII U RASPBERRY PI 3 FINISHED

Post by banjokazooie » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:09 pm

doggerx wrote:Thank you for the clarification on audio and connections... So the Powerboost it's problably the best option... but why did you not use Powerboost 1000C for charge+power instead of TP4056+Poweboost basic?
And did you use only one TP4056 for two batteries in parallel? Is it secure or the charger heat to much?
Another question (sorry if it's too much) did you connect the bottom button bar with the standard flat cable (similar to other buttons, with adapter) or you build a custom pcb?
Powerboost1000c cannot provide more than 1A on the output so is a no go.
I have used one tp4056 that gets hot for short time at the start of charging when battery is low but after that is ok.
Bottom pcb is original, removed all components and separate common ground, then soldered wires to all LED's and buttons.

banjokazooie

Post by banjokazooie » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:10 pm

uber1337h4xx0r wrote:Unless I missed it, none of the previous comments seem to bring up the fact that it seems like the raspberry pi was significantly modified - especially with respect to the fact that the USB ports are missing.

Which parts have been removed, if any, and without going into detail, could you tell a relative novice (when it comes to soldering/wicking/etc) a generalized explanation for how to remove said parts?

I can do research and figure out how to remove parts, but I'll have to work off of keywords. Thanks!
I have removed USB, LAN, GPIO header, camera and lcd connector and audio/video jack with a heatgun.

nonameboy

Post by nonameboy » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:19 am

Hi banjokazooie, really nice work you've done.

I've ordered this https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B013PC ... UTF8&psc=1 in hope to replace the teensy cause it is cheaper for me. Do you know if it will work? If so could you quickly draw a wiring diagram, that would be awesome.

Thanks and keep up the great work dude

banjokazooie

Post by banjokazooie » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:49 am

nonameboy wrote:Hi banjokazooie, really nice work you've done.

I've ordered this https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B013PC ... UTF8&psc=1 in hope to replace the teensy cause it is cheaper for me. Do you know if it will work? If so could you quickly draw a wiring diagram, that would be awesome.

Thanks and keep up the great work dude
I have experience only with teensy but according to microcontroller quide in this forum it will not work

"BE AWARE: Those cheap ATmega328 Boards will not work as a Keyboard/Gamepad!
So stick with Boards that use MKL26Z64VFT4, ATmega32u4, ATTiny167, ATTiny85 and PIC24FJ256GB210."

dimscix

Post by dimscix » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:15 pm

Nice clean build!!!
Just to clarify about the controls.
-You have to solder the FPC connectors to the FPC adaptors.
-plugin the flex cable from the gamegad buttons
into that connector
-solder wireb from the FPC adaptor to the teensy

banjokazooie

Post by banjokazooie » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:58 am

dimscix wrote:Nice clean build!!!
Just to clarify about the controls.
-You have to solder the FPC connectors to the FPC adaptors.
-plugin the flex cable from the gamegad buttons
into that connector
-solder wireb from the FPC adaptor to the teensy
;)

jaygarcia

Post by jaygarcia » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:57 pm

banjokazooie wrote:
The "LC filter" is just and circuit to driver the power up/down and battery shutdown through GPIO with lipopi script running in the background.

The audio uses USB DAC card connected through pot to amplifier.

The teensy wiring for analog does not need to match the diagram , you can swap wires as you like to analog inputs and buttons and then just change the code which is much easier than re solder wires.

Here is a simple tutorial with sample code to understand how it works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPNtMlSThwQ

Hi @Banjokazooie,

As most people have said, fantastic work. I've ordered all of the parts that you have highlighted and a colleague and I are going to try to recreate this and document how we did it.

Could I trouble you to draw a schematic (or provide a link for one) for the LC filter?

Is it from this page?
https://github.com/craic/pi_power

Cyborg_delta1

Post by Cyborg_delta1 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:31 pm

banjokazooie wrote:My finished WII U raspberry pi

Teensy Update:

For better analog input in N64 games change any instances of 1.8 like in here " rX = (rX - 512) * 1.8 + 512; " to 1.5.
The analog range is going to be shorter hence joystick is not so sensitive. Retropie is still able to register analog on setup screen but unfortunately you will loose analog movement in psx games. Crash bandicoot in not running anymore :(
Added ESC key for home button to teensy code.
Hi I found this video and remembered your post, this guy has made his own usb controller with a teensy and was able to change the buttons functions on the fly with a simple switch and code I thought this might help you out?

https://youtu.be/TPNtMlSThwQ?t=22m28s

uber1337h4xx0r

Post by uber1337h4xx0r » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:19 am

I have removed USB, LAN, GPIO header, camera and lcd connector and audio/video jack with a heatgun.[/quote]

Perfect, thanks a lot. I bought myself an "air flow heat" system or something of the sort; I should be able to start this project in a week or so when all my junk arrives. :D

bigrich424

Post by bigrich424 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:22 am

This is awesome... if i ever actually finish my GBZ this is next!
"Unix gives you just enough rope to hang yourself -- and then a couple
of more feet, just to be sure."