Nintendo PC

Want to show off your own project? Want to keep a build log of it? Post it here!
Racerboy

Nintendo PC

Post by Racerboy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:41 pm

I thought some of you might appreciate this :)

Parts

PCPartPicker Link

USB Adapters:
- Wii U Pro Controllers (x4) - Link
- Wii Classic Controllers (x2) - Link
- DolphinBar Wiimotes (x4) - Link
- Gamecube Controllers (x4) - Link
- N64 Controllers (x4) - Link

- Bottom left buttons sync the Wii U Pro controller
- Bottom middle LED indicator (from an N64 - located under the USB ports) indicates the Wii U Pro sync status (not lit)
- Bottom right switch toggles the LEDs inside of the case

Haven't purchased the graphics card yet, but integrated 530 graphics have been able to run games decent enough for now! :D

I'll take better pictures soon, I just couldn't wait to share! Thanks for looking!

Pictures

sotasystems

Re: Nintendo PC

Post by sotasystems » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:17 am

I had a very similar build idea like this, it's cool to see something like that being a reality :)

It looks really amazing and must be really cool to play with! Definetly a pretty cool build!

Any Information regarding the Software you are using? :)
You could actualy go ahead and use Retropie x64 on that or even Hyperspin if you ever heard of that ;)

Kudos & Cheers,
Sota
Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to inform you that I am currently moving very far away, and therefore I am very busy.

UPDATE: I am still alive! My ISP is setting up my internet on the 19th of January at my new place, explaining my offline-ness.

If you write me a PM, I will very likely take some time to respond.

Also, my 2nd build will soon go on, so if you've been following it, please stay tuned! :)

Many thanks for your understanding!

sotasystems

Post by sotasystems » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:28 am

I just noticed that something must be wrong:

in the PCPartPicker link you provided there is a Micro-ATX board, whereas in your build you use a Mini-ITX :?

So, is it the same model just in Mini-ITX and less PCIe's? I'm confused. :?:
Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to inform you that I am currently moving very far away, and therefore I am very busy.

UPDATE: I am still alive! My ISP is setting up my internet on the 19th of January at my new place, explaining my offline-ness.

If you write me a PM, I will very likely take some time to respond.

Also, my 2nd build will soon go on, so if you've been following it, please stay tuned! :)

Many thanks for your understanding!

Racerboy

Post by Racerboy » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:03 pm

sotasystems wrote:I had a very similar build idea like this, it's cool to see something like that being a reality :)

It looks really amazing and must be really cool to play with! Definetly a pretty cool build!

Any Information regarding the Software you are using? :)
You could actualy go ahead and use Retropie x64 on that or even Hyperspin if you ever heard of that ;)

Kudos & Cheers,
Sota
Thanks! It certainly is fun to play with. My friend has a huge projector screen we hook it up to so we can play games on it!

I'm still getting a couple ports wired up but should be finished in no time! :)

Currently just using it for Dolphin, Project64, and some SNES/NES emulators, but I will certainly look into Hyperspin for MAME!
sotasystems wrote:I just noticed that something must be wrong:

in the PCPartPicker link you provided there is a Micro-ATX board, whereas in your build you use a Mini-ITX :?

So, is it the same model just in Mini-ITX and less PCIe's? I'm confused. :?:
Fixed! :D Forgot to update the PCPartPicker when I changed motherboards.