Robots86 - Arcade Machine

Want to show off your own project? Want to keep a build log of it? Post it here!
Robots86

Re: Robots86 - Arcade Machine

Post by Robots86 » Sun May 15, 2016 5:46 am

theking wrote:Nice job!
Im kind of n00b qbout thouse things. So my first project is GBZ and then latter on we will see. One day maybe i will build something like this.

Thanks

The GBZ is like a mini arcade machine build. Same idea but a lot less space to work with :mrgreen:

crispy_tofu

Post by crispy_tofu » Sun May 15, 2016 6:01 am

theking wrote:Nice job!
Im kind of n00b qbout thouse things. So my first project is GBZ and then latter on we will see. One day maybe i will build something like this.
Just do it! Don't let your dreams be dreams! :D

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Sun May 15, 2016 10:46 am

Robots86 wrote:
Kilren wrote:Well this is freaking amazing! Happen to have templates or guides drawn for the cabinet? I would love to steal this idea. Also, where did you get the stickers?

I might have a few sketches around but i kind of just designed it as i built it. I started with the 2 sides. Once i had the shape i wanted i figured out how many centre pieces I would need. All of these are obviously the same width and various heights. The control panel i planned out straight onto the wood, drilled the holes for buttons and joystick and then used this as a template for the acrylic cover.
The artwork was just made from a bundle of images I found and edited on my computer. I then found an online printing service that offered sticky back vinyl.

The controls are easy enough to wire up if you use the xin mo adapter i went with.
Thanks! I might give this a go this summer. I just need to convince my life to calm down enough.

theking

Post by theking » Sun May 15, 2016 11:13 am

crispy_tofu wrote: Just do it! Don't let your dreams be dreams! :D
First i need to learn all the basics. I will see after GBZ project :)

crispy_tofu

Post by crispy_tofu » Sun May 15, 2016 6:42 pm

Fair enough - keep us posted, I'm interested in seeing what you come up with. :)