So after My first project, I had a number of things that I wanted to improve on my Gameboy classic build. Here is a list of things I did not like:
- Screen is okay but could be better and bigger
- Not as comfortable as I thought it would be with the joysticks
All in all it was great, but I feel the RPI3 was too much in such a small case. I always remembered the GBA very fondly as being my first portable that I bought with my hard earned cash, but the GBA is just too small for what I want.
With this in mind I present: The GBA-XL !
Based on the shape of the GBA but a little bigger.
List of features:
- Rpi3 Removed from the GB (It will be revived with a Pi Zero W in the future)
- Ceramic heatsinks attached to heatpipes for cooling (Maybe a micro blower fan?)
- 18650 Batteries for extra powah
I have been working a lot of hours on the case and It is a lot of work, but I am almost ready. It will be in 3 layers:
I am currently testing hardware and finishing up the case. I have to design the screws for closing the case, the trigger button holding setup ( This is proving very tricky ) and The power switch arrangement.
I should be ready for a first iteration next week. I'll add more as soon as I have more to update.
Until then, thanks for looking!