Homebrew tiny pi clone

Want to show off your own project? Want to keep a build log of it? Post it here!
hendra

Re: Homebrew tiny pi clone

Post by hendra » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:38 am

Really nice project. Can I use the module below instead using the bare lcd that you use for this project? Because This module is the only one available locally

doro44

Post by doro44 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:37 pm

Gizard wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:15 pm
When I click the link on your website to download your PCB, I just get a very long line of code.
Hi,

just right click, save the file as txt file. Then change the extension to .json and import in easyeda

doro44

Post by doro44 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:39 pm

hendra wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:38 am
Really nice project. Can I use the module below instead using the bare lcd that you use for this project? Because This module is the only one available locally

hi,
if you modify the pcb, you should be able to use it - it is SPI LCD... however, for keeping the size as small as possible I recommend you to use the bare lcd...
And btw., you could see if the display is same type as mine and if thats the case, you could simply detach it from the breaking board and use it. I did that before and it worked :)

hendra

Post by hendra » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:35 pm

hi,
if you modify the pcb, you should be able to use it - it is SPI LCD... however, for keeping the size as small as possible I recommend you to use the bare lcd...
And btw., you could see if the display is same type as mine and if thats the case, you could simply detach it from the breaking board and use it. I did that before and it worked :)
Thanks for the answer. Still waiting for the screen and already grab your design to my easyeda account and make few modification in it. I need gather all my courage to desolder the ribbon cable with my shaky hand :).

Btw, how long does it run using the battery that you use on the 1st post?

doro44

Post by doro44 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:53 pm

hendra wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:35 pm

hi,
Thanks for the answer. Still waiting for the screen and already grab your design to my easyeda account and make few modification in it. I need gather all my courage to desolder the ribbon cable with my shaky hand :).

Btw, how long does it run using the battery that you use on the 1st post?
When I have tested, it run about 1 hour... I have another 700mAh li-ion battery and that lasted arround 2 hours...