Noob Tries to Make a Pii U (Wii U Retropie Gamepad)

Want to show off your own project? Want to keep a build log of it? Post it here!
BlueWeaselBreath

Re: Noob Tries to Make a Pii U (Wii U Retropie Gamepad)

Post by BlueWeaselBreath » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:09 am

Darksyder, if I could start from scratch, I'd use a Pi4. I'll eventually need to add some bits to the walkthrough for people who are using the Pi4. I don't reckon it would change too much about the build, but there may be subtle differences to connections. Let me know, anybody, what the difference would be! My apologies, B.Pyle, I had many of the same experiences as Darksyder over the last 1.5 years and thus haven't been able to get back to it, but I think about it every day and am not abandoning this thread!

Kiran04

Post by Kiran04 » Sun May 23, 2021 2:42 pm

Hello all,

I’m very new to the retropie scene, and I have an old Wii I gamepad lying around that I thought would make a cool retro gaming device. I was wondering if it could be possible for me to commission one of these devices using my old gamepad, or if I could get a price estimate to see if I could do this. I apologize if I’m not supposed to be asking about commissions on this forum.

BlueWeaselBreath

Post by BlueWeaselBreath » Mon May 31, 2021 9:35 pm

Kevinli, I still see the pictures. Is anyone else having trouble viewing them?

jrStudios

Post by jrStudios » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:17 am

Hello! I am building one of these, as my father gave me this, thinking it was a Switch controller. So I looked everywhere, but there are 2 things I cannot do. Trim the Pi and use the rotary to remove Wii U shell parts. However I am going to try to do workarounds

mbmapit

Post by mbmapit » Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:55 am

I gathered all the parts necessary to do this but my arthritis is preventing me from starting :( would anyone be willing to build for me? Am willing to pay obviously.